Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Health Tests

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Chelsey

Chelsey

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16,349 posts
LCP~ Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease (aseptic or avascular necrosis of the femoral head) Avascular necrosis occurs when the bone that makes up the ball portion of the hip is damaged from lack of blood supply. 13.http://www.vetinfo.c...a/deleggcp.html PRA and Eye Problems~ Progressive retinal atrophy, or PRA as it is frequently termed, is a long recognized, hereditary, blinding disorder http://www.sheepdog....s/pra/back.html Patellas~ The patella normally moves up and down in a groove in the lower femur bone called the trochlear groove. In patella luxation the groove is often shallow. This shallow groove prevents the patella from seating deeply and predisposes it to dislocation. SITE

OutiDivin

OutiDivin

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,660 posts
I just had Peggy at the vet for her patellas checked. When I looked at the OFA site I saw the bit about LCP, so I asked the vet if she should be tested for that too. He said it's a disease in Toy poodles and so rare in CC no need to do it .... should I go back get it done anyways? What about hearing and thyroid? Outi

Chelsey

Chelsey

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16,349 posts
I went back and edited that post since it said that all these tests should be done. No, you are right. The things we are concerned with are the things that run in this breed. We don't need to do testing for things that are extremely rare unless they have shown up in the lines before. Some things cresteds just arent going to get. Our biggest issue is eye problems.This is more of just a general list so ppl will know what these things are and what the abbriviations mean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users