Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crested Color Description & Genectics..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Qpalzm8

Qpalzm8

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
To what extent will a puff puppy's colour change ?

pinkyem

pinkyem

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

She is white and cream. Most cresteds that have cream start out as dark brown or even black which eventually creams out. With puffs you go by the coat color and with hls you go by the skin color.

Firstly hi all :) I've not been on in a lonnnng time so you may not remember me . Since my last post I've gained 3 more cresteds , just can't stick with the one huh ? ;) one of my new babies is my first powderpuff , I'm totally amazed with how her coat is growing . She started out black with a white patch on her head , white socks and tai, tip . Now as her coat is growing through her roots are coming through what looks like white . Will her whole coat change to a lighter colour or will she have flecks through the black ? The white coming through looks like someone has thrown a bottle of talc over her and rubbed it through her coat lol . . What do you think ? Possibly turn into a cream ? . . . Thank you :)))

Chelsey

Chelsey

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16,349 posts
[quote name='pinkyem;795935]Firstly hi all :) I've not been on in a lonnnng time so you may not remember me . Since my last post I've gained 3 more cresteds ' date=' just can't stick with the one huh ? ;) one of my new babies is my first powderpuff , I'm totally amazed with how her coat is growing . She started out black with a white patch on her head , white socks and tai, tip . Now as her coat is growing through her roots are coming through what looks like white . Will her whole coat change to a lighter colour or will she have flecks through the black ? The white coming through looks like someone has thrown a bottle of talc over her and rubbed it through her coat lol . . What do you think ? Possibly turn into a cream ? . . . Thank you :)))[/QUOTE']Usually if a puppy starts out as black the hair that was black will not go all the way to white or cream. However, they could have a greying gene which means that the hair is not going to stay a true deep black, it ends up grey or streaky. My Bayden started out black and white but he has the greying gene and his hair is not a dark grey. Hope that helps! Sometimes you just have to wait and see with the colors on these guys

acetoo

acetoo

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
My pearl was very dark as a pup, hence her name...Black Pearl. You can see how she looks now at 4 years old on my signature.

pinkyem

pinkyem

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
Thanks guys for your replys :) she looks like I've dusted her in talc with her white roots , I'm really quite excited to watch her colour change , Its amazing how dramatically they can change over time . one of my hairless started of with only two spots and is now covered in them and they look beautifull ! Such an interesting breed to watch grow . :

drmitton

drmitton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi All - new to the site. I've been working a bit on CC genetics and have written a short article about the hairless variant and how the genetics work. You can see it here. Thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users