Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello There!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lowstorm

Lowstorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorthern Minnesota

I'ma noob here!  Hello. And today I adopted 'Kasey' who is now Kaia (sounding it out like ka-ya instead of ky-ah). 

She is a CC mix.  With Husky.  Yeah, don't ask.  Well, go ahead and ask, I live in Minnesnowta.  And she got the HL gene, so, yeah.. lol  35 lbs of pure energy! 

Her original owner gave her up to a 'local' rescue (An hour and a half one way is local, right?) with the caveat that she doesn't like cats.  She's 2 years old.  And so far, she seems slightly interested in my cats, but I can tell already its all hyper excitement about everything.  She has NO manners.  Pulls on the leash, won't walk on it well at all.  No sit, no down, no stay...  And she was listed as cautious with other dogs. 

Last week Friday we did a meet and greet with her and our current dog, a purebred male American Bulldog. He's super socialized, been around dogs since the day he got his last parvo shot.  Hyper, plays hard, super nice dog.  They said he was the first dog she didn't try to bark/be intimidating towards.  He's also twice her size and ignored her pulling and hyper.  She initiated play even!  So.. while we COULD have brought her home then, it was a holiday which means she would have been extra stressed by everything going on.  So we waited, knowing someone else could pick her up. 

But.. she's 'old'.  She's 'fuggly'  (I call her the cutest ugly dog ever!) She's hyper, marked as not good with cats and other dogs.  So yup, she came home!  The first 10 minutes were full of stiff posturing from them both. Then... they played.  HARD.  3 hours later she finally settled down on the bed, and he's not trying to play too much either.  Score for two tired out pups.  And she's starting to learn sit!  YAY!

She has lost all the fur from the pulling/collar issues she has. Hopefully that will grow back now that she'll be tired.  All the time.  Playing is hard work in this house!  She also got her first bath here... she kinda smelled like pee.  I have puppy shampoo that I used for her.  But she has a ton of skin tags, bumps, zits..  And a half coat of fur over her whole body. 

At least she whines when she has to go out!  Housebroken is a plus.

Did I mention, she has white eyes?  Technically they're blue, but they're almost white.  Husky eyes!

Attached Files

Edited by Lowstorm, 30 November 2017 - 09:14 PM.

• amy_h likes this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,210 posts

Kaia is absolutely adorable !   love those white eyes.......welcome to you all

Esylum

Esylum
  • LocationRunning with Scissors

She is Gorgeous!!! I don't think there is any other word to describe her with! Welcome here!

***just a small kindness can turn a day around***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users