Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harness Brands

- - - - - brands harness

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Imzadi83

Imzadi83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have a My Canine Kids harness and a Lupine one for Chloe, but I was wondering if there are any other brands out there that are a good fit for Cresteds?

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I recently discovered the Scrappy Buttery Soft Choke Free Step-In Harness by Scrappy Pet.  (The picture below is a stock photo from the website.)

Scrappy_Pet_Harness.jpg

Bailey has sensitive skin and was constantly getting sores from his collars and harnesses, no matter how soft.  I tried a lot of different harnesses and they all rubbed his neck.  This harness is made of leather, comes in different colors and is very soft.  It sits low on his chest and is very unobtrusive.  Living in S FL, the big bulky harnesses are a bit much in the dead of summer when its 90 outside.  This harness is not cheap but leaves no marks/sores on my hairless dogs.  I actually bought one for each of my hairless dogs. 

Here is a picture from the back.  You can see the buckle at the base of the neck.

2017-07-26-_Bailey_Zoey-1.jpg

Posted Image

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

that looks like a good one !

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

I have had the harnesses for about 4 months now and have been very pleased with them.  Unlike the Puppia harness, they are perfectly quiet.  No clicking/clanging of the buckle and leash rings.

Posted Image

Esylum

Esylum
  • LocationRunning with Scissors

We use a 3M Truelove harness for the Xolo boys and Biko has one as well, They are great and are very reflective and durable, Errol wears his swimming and we haven't had any issues with the clips binding. 

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Can a dog back out of that style harness if frightened? I'm always on the lookout for an escape proof harness!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA

Can a dog back out of that style harness if frightened? I'm always on the lookout for an escape proof harness!

I bought one like the harnesses pictured above (different brand but same design) for Ivy as a puppy because she was a little Houdini and that style worked great. It sounds weird but they fit almost like a collar for their chest/front legs. She never was able to get out of it so at least for her they are escape proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  • GrandCynth likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I bought one like the harnesses pictured above (different brand but same design) for Ivy as a puppy because she was a little Houdini and that style worked great. It sounds weird but they fit almost like a collar for their chest/front legs. She never was able to get out of it so at least for her they are escape proof.

Excellent! Thank you!
  • Bella&Marley's Mommy likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA

Excellent! Thank you!

The brand I got her was called buddy belt I think.

• GrandCynth likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Neither of my dogs have ever escaped during a walk; and Bailey can be reactive.  I did have him escape from a different style harness.

That being said, Zoey seems to be able to unbuckle her harness.  Don't ask me how she does it, since the buckle is at the base of her neck.  Maybe she bribes one of the other dogs to help her?  Every once in a while when I go to take the dogs out, her harness is laying on a chair or my bed.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users