Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Products To Stop Mats In Powderpuff?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Maren

Maren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

My Lucille (profile picture) is a powder puff and she mats like crazy. I brush her and cut out the really bad mats multiple times a day, but it seems like every time I start petting her I find whole new mats. I've gotten pretty adept at removing them (or at least she's gotten used to it and goes with the flow), but there has to be a way to prevent this. I bathe and brush her regularly, but the mats keep coming. Are there any products I can use to prevent matting?

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
When you brush her are you getting all the way down to her skin? I know with my puff, I would brush her religiously but she kept getting all matted up. Then I switched to a greyhound comb rather than a brush and it's made all the difference. As for products, I'll check what I use when I get home as I'm horrible remembering specifics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Are there any products I can use to prevent matting?

Wahl do a trimmer that goes down to a grade 1 cut...

:laugh:

• Esylum likes this
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

crestedcrazy

crestedcrazy

Noidinator Moderator

• Moderators
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationHere there everywhere

I had the same problem with my puff so I basically just kept her in a pony cut, I do love the long coat on them though but for me it was too much work 

Posted Image

Graceful Senses

Graceful Senses

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationRedwood Coast, CA

I can't tell from her picture, but Lucille's hair looks pretty straight & I lover her coloring!

Nautica has a few patches of wavy hair behind her ears that mat no matter what I do (sorry just cracked myself up with that stupid pun).  I use John Paul conditioning spray to brush her out once a week but they also have a detangling spray.  It works for her short hair, not sure how it would hold up with longer hair.  We're a short puffer coat household too :tongue:

1766401eee88bbbm3.jpg

Ashima's Nautical Blush 10/6/08 CCPP

Stewart Gilligan 1/22/04 Beagle

Missing my heart, my joy, my sweet angel boy~Teddy 5/15/96 - 9/19/08~

Maren

Maren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I can't tell from her picture, but Lucille's hair looks pretty straight & I lover her coloring!

Nautica has a few patches of wavy hair behind her ears that mat no matter what I do (sorry just cracked myself up with that stupid pun).  I use John Paul conditioning spray to brush her out once a week but they also have a detangling spray.  It works for her short hair, not sure how it would hold up with longer hair.  We're a short puffer coat household too :tongue:

What brand of detangling spray?

Graceful Senses

Graceful Senses

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,495 posts
  • LocationRedwood Coast, CA

http://johnpaulpet.com/

1766401eee88bbbm3.jpg

Ashima's Nautical Blush 10/6/08 CCPP

Stewart Gilligan 1/22/04 Beagle

Missing my heart, my joy, my sweet angel boy~Teddy 5/15/96 - 9/19/08~