Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello! New Here

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dangermouse

Dangermouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello!

My name is Bea and I am new to the forum. I live in Arizona with my husband and my two human girls (ages 11 and 13). 

We just got our first crested today! she is a very small 4mo old girl - that the breeder allowed us to purchase because she is too small to be shown or bred. 

We have named her Demi Danger Mouse (Okay we may be a little weird).  So far she has been amazing!  she was a little shook up from her flight for the first hour or so but after that she is running around like she has always been here - she obviously owns the place. 

So far the only thing that has really upset her has been our bunny Penelope! who we have decided must secretly be Evil Dr. Pennybuns her arch nemesis. 

She is fine with our that though - which is a little odd since the cat is bigger than the bunny.  She is smaller than both of them weighing in at maybe 2lbs.

We had to buy her a cat collar and it is still a bit too big but at least it has a bell on it so we do not accidentally step on her. 

Very pleased to be here!

Bea

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Hello, and welcome to Crush.

I'm afraid it is rather quiet round here since the Facebook juggernaut swallowed most of the internet.

Please feel free to have a nose around the forums. There's a lot of really useful information to be found here; and if you have any questions, just ask.

Danger Mouse isn't a strange name at all to us Brits: He is a cartoon hero to a lot of us!

6-danger-mouse-danger-mouse-1446479000.j

Crestie girls are very good at taking instant ownership of their new home. She'll soon be bossing everyone around (including the rabbit!)

My wife and I have never had any real trouble keeping cats and Cresteds together (our blind pug is the only one that has ever taken exception to the cats, but they did wind her up)

• Esylum likes this
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Esylum

Esylum
  • LocationRunning with Scissors

Welcome here Bea and DDM!!!

There are a lot of great topics on here, like Davyde said its a bit quiet right now but there is almost always someone lurking! 

Pictures always seems to bring us out of the woodwork as well  :wink:

All of our cresteds have always lived with Cats and they do well... I have found the cat will tolerate a bit of heel nipping and then dole out a few good lessons on manners! lol

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Hi....and welcome to Crush

we hope you will enjoy the forum . I thought my Jakks was little at 7 lbs. ....but 2 lbs. ....wow

we once had a Chihuahua that weighed 3 lbs. She liked to hang around my neck like a live ''fox fur collar''

Dangermouse

Dangermouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes! I posted some pictures of Demi under the picture section of the forums. 

It has been interesting trying to adjust to such a tiny dog. I want to baby her but at the same time I know that is not a good idea at all and she needs to be allowed to be a dog not a toy. 

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Welcome and congrats on the new addition!

I have two cats and three Cresteds.  One of my cats loves the hairless and will rub against them constantly.  The Cresteds don't mind.   That being said, Mittzie wasn't thrilled when Zoey decided the patio was a little chilly for her naked butt and used Mittzie as a cushion.  LOL!

2014-12-07-_Zoey_Mittzie-1.jpg

• Davyde likes this
Posted Image

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

so cute  !!!    my Jakks sits on my feet like that    thanks for the pic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users