Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dog Chews Recall 5/19/2017

- - - - - treat rawhide chewies recall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Imzadi83

Imzadi83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA

The following brands have issued a recall for various rawhide products...

American Beefhide

Companion

Dentahex Oral Care Chews

Dentley's

Digest-eeze

Enzadent

Essential Everyday

Exer-Hides

Good Lovin'

Good 'n' Fit

Good 'n' Fit

Hall Country Fare

Healthy Hide

Petco

Priority

I can't post a link but I was alerted through DogFoodAdvisor so you could go there and search for more information.

Davyde

Davyde

Stray Human

• Members
  • 3,293 posts
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Thank you for the warning, although I'm not sure if any of those brands are even available in the UK.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

I didn't think we were supposed to give dogs any kind of rawhide....I was told that it swells and can cause digestive problems. Is this true ?

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I didn't think we were supposed to give dogs any kind of rawhide....I was told that it swells and can cause digestive problems. Is this true ?

That is my understanding.  Years ago when I did give rawhide treats, they always caused problems with the dogs.  Everyone wanted the same most disgusting, gummy rawhide.  The rawhides caused more fights than anything else I ever gave my dogs.

Aside from dog food, my gang only get treats that I have dehydrated and I know where they come from.

Posted Image

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

I make fish treats....and Jakks loves them. All that is in them is a can of fish [ anything you want ...tuna , salmon , sardines...] a beaten egg , and a handful of flour. You can dehydrate them , but I just make a few at a time , and fry them in a non-stick ceramic pan.

Esylum

Esylum

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

We like Sweet potato chews made by a Canadian Company called Crumps, they are AWESOME and the kids Love them!

We have severe food allergies here, so rawhide, even if we wanted to feed it, we cannot. We have recently started giving them a product called K9 Natural Green lipped mussels, and because the kids eat Ziwipeak from NZ it has the same green lipped mussels. The kidlets love them... and they are kinda smelly so that is always a bonus for them. LOL  

Frederictontrip034-1.jpg7aa6072e-1.jpg

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

I give Crumps to Jakks , too....they are great

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: treat, rawhide, chewies, recall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users