Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Do You Think About Nextgard? And Another Question....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

srsteagall

srsteagall

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

What do you all use for tick repellant? I usually just check Eddie for them since he has little hair it makes the job easy, but my vet convinced me to give him nextgard and the next day he was sooooo NOT himself, he is a total goof ball but he wouldn't even come out of his crate, after reading peoples comments I was horrified I had given it to him with all the possible side effects. I have pretty much made up my mind not to give it to him again. But we live in a wooded area so I should try to repel the ticks somehow.

I also have another question he is acting like his little man parts bother him he is neutered, he will be laying there fine all of a sudden he jumps up and it looks likes he his trying to bend over, he seems to try to lick himself, I have not seen where urinating bothers him it is just an out of the blue reaction. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Attached Files

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

We just use tick hooks for our dogs, since they seem to work really well.

To be honest, I'd start to worry if Dizzy was unwell if he didn't suddenly start licking his 'man parts' every hour or so. I swear they must be the cleanest parts of his body, the amount of attention he gives them (when he isn't rubbing them against one of the other dogs)

I guess I just got the Chinese Crested Perv Dog!

:blush:

• Esylum and srsteagall like this
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Esylum

Esylum
  • LocationRunning with Scissors

LOL Davyde! Thankfully it isn't the middle of the night because I laughed pretty loud... LOL 

We normally use Revolution for our kids because it not only does the fleas and ticks but also the internal parasites.

Biko recently started having a dermatitis type reaction where the revolution was applied, he is a true hairless so there isn't anywhere to really put it...

This year we switched him to Heart guard and Bravecto... Even with Biko's allergies, the beef flavoring didn't seem to affect him. I was very concerned for its side effects because it is a three month duration. Thankfully None of my kids seemed to have any side affects...but I have heard that some people have had some scary reactions... I do trust my vet, and she knows how crazy I am about my kids, so we had a very frank conversation about pros and cons,  I do like that they don't need to have it every month... Did you notice that Eddy started feeling normal again shortly after?

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

shortly after   ????   were we talking about nexguard....or ''man parts '' ???

Esylum

Esylum

Both!!! It makes for a more lively conversation when mixing in the topic of Man parts when discussing tick medicine!!! You can't have one without the other can you?  :laugh:

Esylum

Esylum

I am not sure if that qualifies for "warning" points... but if it does, can I have one that says - WARNING - Runs with Scissors?

Davyde

Davyde

Both!!! It makes for a more lively conversation when mixing in the topic of Man parts when discussing tick medicine!!! You can't have one without the other can you?  :laugh:

I was kind of hoping I could.

:blush:

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Davyde

Davyde

I am not sure if that qualifies for "warning" points... but if it does, can I have one that says - WARNING - Runs with Scissors?

I wouldn't have thought so. Given past discussions of "the coin purse club" and the fact that hairless dogs do rather have everything on display anyway.

• Esylum likes this

Esylum

Esylum

Lol, the coin purse club!!! Ah the good ol' days! Pfft bwhahahah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users