Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can Any Body Give Me Some Behavioral Advice?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Alexis

Alexis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all.

My girl is 11 and for the last year or so has become increasingly dog aggressive. She is lovely with people and cats and always has been. She loves being off lead and I'm trying to increase her exercise as she is over weight. She will never approach another dog and has no interest in them. But when they come to her to say hi, she will growl, bare her teeth and snap at them. it's every single dog, big or small. I am getting to the point I don't want to let her off at the moment. Any advice?

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I use a "focus" command (ie, look at me, use whatever wording works for you) when my dogs get overly excited, and I always have treats in my pocket as a reward, as the Cresteds tend to be highly motivated by food.

I'm still working with my newest adoption (rescue) on his excitability with cars, people and dogs.  He has learned to ignore cars, is getting there with people and needs extensive work with dogs.  LOL!  We are making progress.

• Maryela212 likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users