Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Separation Anxiety

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

chelle

chelle

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
My 10 yr old male crestie has been going through serious anxiety. We lost his best buddy Oreo to lymphoma six weeks ago and when we leave him he cries all day long. We have two DAP diffusers going and have had to resort to trazadone while we are at work. Does anyone else have experience with grieving in cresties or serious separation anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[siteimg:885a39fc21]16303[/siteimg:885a39fc21]

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA

My 10 yr old male crestie has been going through serious anxiety. We lost his best buddy Oreo to lymphoma six weeks ago and when we leave him he cries all day long. We have two DAP diffusers going and have had to resort to trazadone while we are at work. Does anyone else have experience with grieving in cresties or serious separation anxiety?

Aww I'm sorry for your loss. One of my cresteds has pretty bad separation anxiety when crated but I can't leave him out unsupervised so I started putting one of my other dogs in the crate with him and that's helped some. That isn't very useful for your situation though.

I have read that using stimulation toys help, like stuffed kongs and those puzzles with food hidden in them. Also make sure he's worn out before leaving him. Sometimes giving them access to your bedroom helps because your scent is strong in there and it's normally considered a safe place to dogs since that's where their "pack" sleeps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

chelle

chelle

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
He can't have too much protein due to calcium oxylate stones and we have a female crestie who is food aggressive and I fear they would fight. He has access to my bedroom and I give him my night shirt every morning before I leave.

chelle

chelle

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
Can someone send an email to the admin for me requesting they send me a way to reset my ccc password? I know I have albums and old posts in there... :/

RAnderson12

RAnderson12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My PP has major separation anxiety too, but she is a rescue dog with a broken leg and I am her 4th owner. I got her a thunder vest and calming spray I got from Amazon made by thunder vest company. I spray the vest and put on her 15 minutes before I leave and has helped her greatly

RAnderson12

RAnderson12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

My PP has major separation anxiety too, but she is a rescue dog with a broken leg and I am her 4th owner. I got her a thunder vest and calming spray I got from Amazon made by thunder vest company. I spray the vest and put on her 15 minutes before I leave and has helped her greatly

f61e64c98c093146e6fed5d2502174ab.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users