Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seeking A Specific Kind Of Cc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

paul

paul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm looking for any ideas on where I might be able to find a CC breeder who might have a dog similar to my old puppy.

Foon had brown skin that darkens almost to a dark chocolate complexion in the sun (he loved basking in the sun). Tufts of white fur on his feet and tail. Tufts of white hair that changed color from gray to white on his head. Delicate, fine gray hair on his ears.

He was a big barrel-chested Crested weighing in at 23 lbs.

I've searched online, but I haven't had much luck finding someone who breeds a Crested like my Foon.

Ideally, I'd prefer to find a breeder in the western US. WA/OR/CA/AZ would be ideal.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul

Attached Files

Davyde

Davyde

Stray Human

• Members
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Foon was a very handsome lad, and I am very sorry for your loss.

If I may offer an observation based on sad personal experience: Even if you find a dog who looks like Foon, he will never be Foon. He will have his own personality, and will not be your old friend. All the quirks and mannerisms you look for without realising will be absent, and his looks will be a reminder of who he is not.

Please do get another dog when you are ready, and please come here to show us pictures of him (and any other pictures of Foon you want to share), but be aware: You can never replace a dog, you can only replace the empty space they leave behind them.

A new dog will be a new personality, a new friend, and a new relationship. They will never be able to move into the corner of your heart that belongs to Foon, but they will be able to find their own corner there.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

paul

paul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you for your kind words and advice. You are absolutely right, but I keep having to remind myself. There's the emotional side of me that keeps thinking one thing and the logical side that tries to keep it in check. Deep down I am trying to find my dog. My wife also is reminding me... It has been really really hard on me.

I sent a handful of emails out yesterday to various breeders... which in retrospect may not have been the healthiest thing. Nothing like sending emails out frantically while I'm an emotional wreck. Anyhow, I got a quick reply from what has turned out certainly to be Foon's breeder. I've been corresponding with them yesterday and today. I was floored by the last email I got this morning -- they offered to give me a 3 year-old CC that was staying with a friend. The breeder has been trying to find a loving home for him. As I was typing the reply after showing my wife the email, my wife told me something that really threw me for a loop.

After I sent those emails yesterday, my wife talked to her friend about what I was doing -- my wife was worried about how I was handling our loss. Her friend replied that perhaps there's a reason I'm doing this. Perhaps, there's a dog out there that needs to be adopted. 

Mind you, I had told my wife earlier that I was primarily looking for puppies... but now, I'm not sure what to think. My wife travels for work and will coincidentally be there later this week.

Davyde

Davyde

Stray Human

• Members
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Oh, I think you know what to think.  :wink:

I think there is a dog in need of a home in need of a dog, and that dog happens to be three years old.

It is not my place to offer advice, but I am going to anyway: Go For It!

I believe you and this dog will help each other. He won't be Foon, but neither would any puppy. 

You'll find a lot of people here, myself included, feel exactly the same way as your wife's friend. Despite my usually sceptical and cynical nature, I believe that often the dog you need finds you, rather than the other way round.

• kristy 02 likes this
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users