Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Have You Wondered Why Your Pup Is Hairless With No Teeth?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

drmitton

drmitton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all - new here to the forums and owner of a one year old female hairless named Gracie Patch. For some reason everyone has started to call her 'Woo'. 

I am a biologist and science writer focusing on evolution and molecular biology. I've recently written a short and readable article about the genetics of the hairless Crested. You can find it here. Thanks for reading a comments and insights are appreciated!

• tiff'smom likes this

tiff'smom

tiff'smom

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Great article.  I didn't understand it all but it was very informative.  Thanks for sharing.  P.S.  Gracie Patch is a cutie.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

Incredible! thank you so much! 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
That was very interesting! I have a question, is there science behind why some hairless are more hairier than others? So like true hairless vs moderately hairless vs hairy hairless vs very hairy hairless. Just curious since I have a true hairless, moderately hairy hairless (the first two are littermates), very hairy hairless, a puff, and a terrier coated (not seen much as its considered undesirable though she is 100% crested)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

nice article. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users