Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Show Coat Questions.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

MoJean

MoJean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationU.P of MI

Hello, 
No CC for me yet, still in the research phase, but my next dog I plan on doing some showing (Newbie with that too, but I have recently joined the local kennel club, so I will hopefully learn alot from them) 
Anyways, I have some questions. 
I know the CC standard says the amount of hair is a big deal, but placement is. But I have read on a few show breeder web sites that show dogs really need to have the flashy furnishings to actually win. And doing some research (In other words looking at alot of photos of winning CC lol) it seems they all are hairy hairless, or Powder puffs. So I was wondering if I was to get a true hairless or a moderately hairless, for showing, would I have a chance at winning? My dog will be a family member first and a show dog kind of as a fun hobby to enjoy together. I don't dream of being a top winning kennel...yet lol But it would be nice to win once in a while lol 
And for those of you that do show the hairy hairless, besides shaving them, and skin scare, do you take any other precautions with the coat? At one time I was thinking i wanted to get a Maltese, but there is no way I could keep up with the show coat care. I would like to be able to take my dog to the lake, walking through fields, and that sort of stuff. Will that ruin the coat? Or is it not a big deal? 
What other hints and tips would you give to a newbie handler? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users