Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ivdd

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OrangeKatt

OrangeKatt

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Hello!  I'm not technically new here...found the forum awhile back the first year I had my powderpuff boy but things got busy and the forum fell by the wayside so...sorry for disappearing!

I just recently found out my sweet boy has IVDD and it kinda blindsided us...I did alot of research before getting him and that was not one of the health issues I was on the look out for.  He had surgery on his back a little over a week ago and is healing well, I was wondering if there were any other crested parents out there dealing with the same thing?  I know few enough crested people already and non of them are familiar with it at all.  Once he's fully recovered we're going to have to make lifestyle changes, no more jumping around!!  Which will be 'interesting' as I'll have to train it out of him...he's naturally a very bouncy boy.  :unsure:

savvystand_zpsvslsrjft.jpg

savvysurgery_zpsobknceie.jpg

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

he is beautiful.....sorry about his problem....I have never heard of it before, so know absolutely nothing about it. Perhaps someone on here can tell you . Anyway......good luck with his training , and hope he does really well

idocdlw

idocdlw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

OrangeKatt,

Like you, not new here but this is a first post.  Also, like you, I am now taking the IVDD journey with my CC baby.  Ollie is a hairy hairless.  He will turn 4 yo on Apr 5th.

He went suddenly lame yesterday morning and I rushed him to his vet.  The diagnosis was a blindside for me as well as this is not a condition common to CC.  Ollie has lost all control of his hindquarters, bowel and bladder.  He still has deep pain sensation in his hind feet so no indication for surgery at this time.

He is on pain and anti-inflammatory meds and receiving laser treatments.  I have no idea if he will ever walk again but I have great hope.  I found this website very helpful...it is geared toward dachshunds in whom the condition is much more common...  www.dodgerslist.com

Please keep posting to let us know how your baby is doing and I will try to do the same. 

Dawn

idocdlw

idocdlw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Oh my...my baby deteriorated from Stage 2 yesterday morning to Stage 5 this morning after veterinary intervention.  Saw  a neuro vet this afternoon and my boy is now in surgery.

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK
I don't know anything about this condition but just. Want to send hugs to you and am hoping that the surgery goes well

poodlemom

poodlemom

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Get well both little ones
Love my dogs

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

Sorry to read this. Sending healing Crush vibes for  both little ones. 

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 10,183 posts

Any updates on the surgery outcome? It has to be a scary time for you.

Edited by Whoa Nellie, 06 April 2016 - 03:57 AM.

Posted ImageHope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul......................Emily Dickinson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users