Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sucking Sound When Settling In?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BThis

BThis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Gypsy is our first Chinese Crested, a beautiful rescue we took in. What a wonderful, loving breed! But Gypsy has an unusual habit. When settling in to sleep, she makes a strange sucking sound--sort of a quack. I've never heard this in a dog before, nor do I see it mentioned on Chinese Crested sites. She does it repeatedly, rhythmically, and calmly, and moves her jaw slightly with each one as though she were sucking her mouth dry. It lasts for maybe 10-15 seconds after she has curled up to sleep. Have you ever heard of this? Is it common among CC's? Thank you for any info.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

I have never heard or seen anything like it.....I wonder why she does it

• BThis likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

BThis

BThis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

I have never heard or seen anything like it.....I wonder why she does it

I do, too. One person said it sounded like teeth grinding, but I don't hear that. And it's very calm, and always when she's getting ready to sleep. Gypsy the wonder dog, as in "I wonder why she does that?"

Florrie

Florrie

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

if we hear little clicking sounds at night in bed we automatically know now that Magee is biting his toenails- entire foot is in his mouth and click, click, click--no fingernails, just his toenails.  They are a funny little breed--  Don't ya just love their little quirks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users