Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Want To Rescue Another!

- - - - - Rescue adoption canada availa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sum1smumma

Sum1smumma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone!
Just over two years ago we rescued Twinx (formerly known as Jordan-the pyoderma girl posted long ago)
At the time we had no experience with this amazing breed but happily traded the judgers and haters for all the love she had to give us. She learned to potty outside in our harsh winter and feel secure and eventually relaxed in our little family. We learned so much we have helped educate a few vets even! The joy she has brought us is immeasurable. The best thing we have ever done as a family!

Now feeling she could benefit from a true playmate (boo, our cat, doesn't love the same games) and our family has the love to give and the means to give to another needy pup. Looking into a rescue has been a huge part of our life these past few months. I even dream of adopting a sweet hairless baby!

Sadly we live in Canada in Ontario, within the GTA. I say sadly because there is only one available in our province. We were willing to travel the six hours each way to meet him etc. He seemed like a possible fit but after asking for some additional info, I was told that an application should be filled out to learn more. After doing that, we still haven't heard back.

We truly would love to add to our little pack but have had no luck as many available cresties are only available to those in certain areas of the US. We have never purchased a pet from a breeder as all our babies(other than the flesh kind) have found us, whether it was from a rescue or being a stray or unwanted pet.

Anyone know of a good fit near me?
We are a small, active family with only one almost 12yr old(who just finished his jr vet course, Whoohoo!) and a lovely very hairless girl of almost three, and a very furry black cat, Boo, who only tolerates us as staff! I also stay at home as I'm an artist and homeschooling parent. We live in a large home with a fully fenced yard.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,150 posts

we are in Canada , too .....but only travelled 3 hours away to Maine , where our little guy was being fostered. We got him 5 years ago ...our first crested...and hairless....and we love him bunches  !!!Hope you find a new ''family member '' soon

Sum1smumma

Sum1smumma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks, jakksmum,.

I noticed one some rescues won't allow dogs adopted out of their group of states in the northeast. It's disappointing. I had no clue when I rescued my first one, that she would become my world. I knew I had the love to give but never imagined my heart could grow to this extent.

Last night I was playing with her trying to simulate dogginess (to her man dad's alarm) so she can have some fun on her terms. Really want her to have brother or sister.

Thanks for your encouragement.
Our fingers are crossed....whenever they aren't actively searching for a needy CC. Lol

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I think of CC's as Lay's Potato Chips, you can't have just one.  And, when the time is right, you will find the perfect fit and have a new addition to your family.  Be patient, and it will come when the time is right.  I am on my 4th, which I never could have imagined!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users