Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Batman Update

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tresseljess

tresseljess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
We guys, after 3 weeks of waiting for blood test result to come in, I finally got my call from the vet today.

Batman does not have Cerebral Ataxia! This was the best news ever!

My vet thinks Batman may have been exposed to parvo in uterus and that made her a little uncoordinated and twitchy. The vet is checking to see if there are any other tests that could be run for any other disorder and if there are we'll have them done.

We're just super happy that she doesn't have something that's progressive. I can deal with her being "a little weird."

f46e1029dbc213b02dc7fb11cfe977c8.jpg
  • ann, Davyde, My Crestie and 1 other like this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

oooooh.....that beautiful little face  !!!.......good news about the test results !

• tresseljess likes this

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Yay! for good news. :biggrin:  So glad to hear it isn't progressive- who knows she might even 'catch up' a bit developmentally as time goes on. Neuroplasticity is very strong at such a young age, maybe you could look at doing things that make her more aware of where she is placing her feet and see if you can't help the process along a little? Simple things like walking over a line of sticks on the ground, walking her over different textured surfaces- nothing strenuous since she is a baby, perhaps get your vet to hook you up with a good canine physio who can show you some exercises?

• tresseljess likes this

tresseljess

tresseljess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Yay! for good news. So glad to hear it isn't progressive- who knows she might even 'catch up' a bit developmentally as time goes on.

She has gotten a lot more coordinated a far as walking and running goes. She zips all over the place. Goes up and down stairs and can even get on and off the couch! It's still really obvious when she eats and drinks though. I had a friend over and my friend saw Batman drinking some water. My friend said that the way Batman drank was "so cute."

We are so happy to get the results back. Batman makes everyone happy that she meets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  • ann, Davyde and LunaFancy like this

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Omg she is cute!!! Thank goodness for the good news!
  • tresseljess likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]***MEGAN***

srsteagall

srsteagall

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

YAY Great  news!!!!

• tresseljess likes this

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
Congratulations on the good news!!!!
  • tresseljess likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

dappledgray

dappledgray

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
I signed into Crush today just to check on this! I am SO HAPPY it is not ataxia. Batman is the cutest - take lots of pics for us ;) so happy about this update!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady & The Tramp

Lady & The Tramp

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationCanada's Wild West Coast
Well I've got a huge grin on my face. Not only because of the good news but also because I can see her bright inquisitive eyes just shining.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."

-Edward Hoagland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users