Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Senior Girl Made It Thru Her Dental Work

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lady & The Tramp

Lady & The Tramp

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationCanada's Wild West Coast
I'm sooo incredibly happy cuz Fancy made it thru her dental work which included 5 extractions.

I was extremely worried not only cuz of Fancy's age but also because I was using a completely new vet. (Oh and like a fool, never asked for any of those famous Crush Vibes). I love my old vets but they are 3X more expensive than anyplace else and as we all know dental are expensive enough.

Although she's had the ultrasonic (no anesthetic) cleaning done a few times, she hasn't needed to see the vet for this until the last time when I was told she had some "mobile" teeth. So I set out to find a vet who knew the "greyhound protocol", would not use Ace, would take into account her age and that hairless Cresties have shallow root pickets. I'm sure I sounded neurotic when getting quotes from a few vets.

Although I can't say as I liked the bedside mannerism of the vet I picked, I was assured by the vet assistants, who knew exactly what I meant by "greyhound protocol" and said that "Aceapromin (not spelled right, I know, sorry)is old school and they never use it. I talked to my vet tech friend who told me that this vet's insistence that Fancy have the prebloodwork done or he wouldn't do it, was a good thing.

So on dental day, with tears in my eyes, I handed the vet tech the light of my life. From 9am to 5pm I sat on pins & needles until I finally got the call that I could bring her home. YEAH!

BUT I have NEVER had a dog sooo out of it still as Fancy was still. She was staring at "shadows on the wall", her eyes were whirling when she'd frantically lift her head to find & then focus on me. Really scared me.

Alls good now and no more bad breath. Let the puppy dog kisses begin. ;-)
  • poodlemom likes this
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."

-Edward Hoagland

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

glad se came through so well...

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

So glad Fancy made it safely through her dental surgery. I'm sure she'll feel  much better without those bad teeth, and nice breath is a bonus..Sending her belated Crush vibes for a quick recovery from a  sore mouth.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

Guest_Daryan54_*

Guest_Daryan54_*
  • Guests

I am so glad dear. Thanks for sharing your joy with us. Well, my cousin needs dental filling and has asked me for the recommendation for a good Torrance dentist but I haven’t been to any dentist since I moved here. Is there anyone who can suggest an experienced dentist for her?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users