Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Is Your Cresties Bark Like?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lady & The Tramp

Lady & The Tramp

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationCanada's Wild West Coast
I've always been surprised when Fancy barks. She's not a barker to begin with but when she does it's a deep "woof" and definately doesn't sound like its coming from a little 10lb dog.

How bout your Crestie? Whatcha got - woofs, yowls, yaps, or yips?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."

-Edward Hoagland

poodlemom

poodlemom

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I wish I could record right now dada is home the barking begins, all the above sounds
Love my dogs

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

Mortisha  has quite a loud deep bark and she's pretty annoying too, because she knows what be quiet means but persists in having her say,   . Mischief rarely barks but it's fairly high pitched and she looks round, surprised as if to say, who did that.  :biggrin:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I was thinking of posting this exact thread yesterday! I was mulling over the same question because Akira has a deep bark too- you would think there was a border collie sized dog in the house when he barks, not a little one. He doesn't bark often, but is a super guard dog when the need arises and I think he'd keep an intruder out - as long as they couldn't actually see him lol!

...unless he was doing his growly bum tuck zoomies when they saw him -  now that would keep someone away... :laugh:  :laugh:

• poodlemom likes this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Jakks has a pretty good bark...enough to keep anyone out who shouldn't be in ....but it's the growly, bouncy, snarly stuff that accompanies the bark that really scares them off  !!! he looks like the Tasmanian devil  !

• ann and poodlemom like this

killerleaf

killerleaf

Max has his "daddy's home" high pitched bark, (almost in the register of a scream); of course, his scream; his "throw the toy now" that sounds like a normal bark; and then his "scare the pants off me when he does it growl/bark" he sounds like a rottweiler!

beware, for beyond there be dragons

Feylyn

Feylyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Feylyn only barks if she is being told she's a naughty girl because she as misbehaved
Then she a medium sized dog bark. She has to have the last word
If she wants some thing it's more of a cry whine

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Muffy is 20lb she has a nice deep woof. She sounds like a big dog. Ginger is 6lb so her bark is a yip. Unless there is a dog on the sidewalk out front in which case it's a high pitch very loud yappy scream. Penny is 10lb aND her bark is kinda screamy and if there is a stranger at or in the house she screams. No bark just screams.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Dizzy has the sort of piecing, shrieking bark that can shatter eardrums and glass. He also uses it at EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE opportunity. I swear he will bark at a falling leaf. He is also perpetually determined to have the last word. No matter how firm/angry/loud/threatening you are with him, he ALWAYS has to let out one last bark after you finish speaking.

Lily's bark is softer and not so shrill, but she is almost as keen on using it as Dizzy. As soon as one barks, the other joins in.

Billy's bark is deeper than either of them. Although he will weigh in to back Dizzy up, he is normally less inclined to be noisy. He does, however, shriek with excitement when we start getting him ready for a walk.

Sapphire's bark is, surprisingly, the loudest and deepest of the lot. She doesn't bark very often, and each time it is a single, distinct bark. Sometimes she even looks shocked that such a loud noise came out of her mouth.

Rosie's bark sounds like someone coughing in another room. She is always both the last to join in with the barking, and the last to finish (often while facing in entirely the wrong direction). 

In the 8 years we've had her, I don't think we've ever heard Opal bark, beyond telling the others off for treading on her.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
I think Ginger and Dizzy are the same dog .... or long long long distance twins lol

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
Also , poor Rosie, you'd think someone would point her I'm the right direction

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Dizzy sounds like Jakks ....always the little ''boof''...not very loud ... but definitely the last word !

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

all depends what the bark is for. his fear bark is the sound of the devil, his barking when hears noises goes through your whole body so so loud and annoying and constant. his barking when happy to see people is much nicer tho still loud but more high pitches and ends in a squeel. but if meets peopel he LOVES no barking just monkey screaming :P

• Char, Muffy and Ginger likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Davyde

Davyde

Dizzy sounds like Jakks ....always the little ''boof''...not very loud ... but definitely the last word !

You have just described it perfectly. That final, quiet bark - almost under his breath - that marks the end of each "discussion" with him.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Davyde

Davyde

I think Ginger and Dizzy are the same dog .... or long long long distance twins lol

I've often thought that when you describe Ginger's squealing! 

Also , poor Rosie, you'd think someone would point her I'm the right direction

She normally has a very good sense of direction, but I think the deafening cacophony of the others disorients her.

I'm also pretty certain that none of our pack are able to think and bark at the same time*.

(*Which is actually like most humans!)

• Char, Muffy and Ginger likes this

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Addy's Mom

Addy's Mom

Best In Show

• Members
  • 4,884 posts
Addy had a surprisingly authoritative bark.

Dora has the same authoritative tone, but higher in pitch. I don't think it has _quite_ the effect she thinks. :D

Lis

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chyna

Chyna

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationBig Sky State

For all fancy and pretty Jezzie is she has the deepest bark of the cresties in my house.  Lily has what I guess you'd expect from a maltese/min schnauzer.  And then there is Tree, not only is he too pretty to be a boy he barks like a girl.  Probably why he insists on starting the barking, so he can prove he is a man. And the protector of the household.  Which he isn't.  that would be Lily, Tree is too loopy to be in charge of house protecting. ;)

tanya :p

De Lise

De Lise

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
DeLise has a shriek for a bark😱
She is a very Hyper girl!
  • Davyde likes this

The love of a dog is like no other. :wub: .

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

My newest Crested's bark (guestimated at 2-1/5 years old and 12 lbs) sounds like a squeaky toy.  DD and I both laugh hysterically when we hear it.  And when he snarls, it sounds like wind blowing.  Since he came from a rescue, I initially was thinking he had his vocal cords cut (I don't think that was the case).  When my two other Cresteds bark unexpectedly, I jump out of my skin; but Bailey Biggs makes me laugh hysterically with his bark & snarls!  FYI, it does eventually get old.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users