Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Need Advise On Possible Behavior Changes Please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sean

Sean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My Chinese Crested, Larry, is a 9 year old male. He is usually very active. When I come in from work he is jumping up and down on his hind legs next to me and just very excited. He has always eaten very well and is fed a very nutritious and healthy diet. Starting two days ago he has been very distant and acting very strange. He will lay in his dog bed and will hardly get up even when I call his name and get home from work. The last two days when I get home I have had to go find where he was at instead of him running to me as soon as I open the door. He hasn't really eaten the last two days other than the occasional treat. As well as this abnormal behavior he has been shaking a lot while just laying. He normally does this when he is afraid (fireworks, loud thunder, ect) but there is nothing like this happening to cause him to shake. Has anyone else ever gone through this or noticed this type of behavior? Could it possibly be something he might have found and eaten? I am very concerned and will be taking him to the vet in the morning, but I wanted to reach out and see if any other owner might have gone through this. Thank you all in advance for the help. It is greatly appreciated.   

Edited by Sean, 09 July 2015 - 04:25 PM.

dappledgray

dappledgray

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Sounds like lethargy, which could be a lot of things. If he's shaking and won't eat, it's definitely time for the vet. Hope they can help you - keep us updated :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Yes, that sort of change definitely needs a vet check ASAP. you need the expertise of a vet who can run appropriate lab work etc. anything else is just guess work. Please keep us posted
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

I hope he is okay.  Yes the vet visit is the next right step.  Will you please keep us posted.  I'm sending him get well vibes!

[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
Any news on Larry?
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users