Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My First Try At Jammies!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

So, I couldn't buy Simplicity 3939 in my local fabric store (typical!) but I could get another pattern that was three variants of a hoodie - no bottoms/legs, but it does have raglan sleeves, which I prefer - so figured I'd have to dust off and de rust my pattern drafting skills and create a onesie from the hoodie pattern.

Here is the result! There's a few tweaks I plan to make on the next one to make the neck smaller and the ribbing on it higher and give it more length in the back but it's doing the job of keeping my little guy toastie as we move into winter here so I'm happy enough.

You can see the neck is too big here ...

iKhA9Frl.jpg?1

And here the neck gap and also I need to tweak the bum contour a bit...

pVHoDztl.jpg?1

• srsteagall likes this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

really cute !....of course , the model might just have something to do with that.....but I think you did a good job !

• LunaFancy likes this

Florrie

Florrie

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I hope my first try looks this good- love the dinosaur pattern. Your baby is adorable.

• LunaFancy likes this

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Good work. I have no sewing skills, so I am very impressed!
  • LunaFancy likes this
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users