Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1St Place Q At His First Trial, First Run.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Kazhak

Kazhak

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

So I have 2 cresteds, my oldest at 7 has been trialing for a couple of years, 2 weeks ago I entered my youngest in his first trial, just 1 novice jumping run,

he was entered in the same course as my oldest, & it was the first run of the day, anyway my oldest ran first & picked up an nq (my fault) then another dog ran, & then my little man was up.. well you could've knocked me down with a feather after his run which was smooth as silk.. :) he picked up first place Q his older sibling came 2nd with his nq.. seriously I literally pulled the young pup out of his crate, over to the ring, no time for mucking around, he even stuck his lead out beautifully so proud of him..

all up his was the only Q I got for the weekend, he recieved a lovely blue rosette for his first place & an A frame trophy for 1st place Q.

still it wasn't something I was expecting from him considering he's never trialled before but has been training for some time now.  I have some pictures from the day but they aren't on this computer so I'll share when next I get the chance..

fingers crossed for the weekend coming as he's entered in another trial..

https://scontent-lax...386&oe=55F99CCD

the blue hyperlink above is a pic of my young man please excuse his fluffy face & legs.. I didn't get a chance to tidy him up :) & please done copy or share as its a pic my lovely friend took as my partner was off doing something for the club at the time I ran..

• LunaFancy likes this
[SIGPIC]

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
That is wonderful! Congratulations.
I remember I set my little guy down at that first trial, first jump and was amazed that he recognized what to do. I was so sure he would go sniffing around and not even notice the obstacles, but sure enough...a Q!
  • Kazhak likes this
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

How exciting! Akira starts obdeience club in two weeks- first step in what I hope will be a journey as fun and exciting as yours! Well done!

• Kazhak likes this

Kazhak

Kazhak

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

:) little man went & did it again, though it was the last run of the weekend at his second trial he scraped another Q in only by a matter of hair splitting moments.. as he went to say hi to the judge then realised it wasn't someone he knew & came running back to finish the course silly man.. still he did better than his older sibling who went 0 for 2 runs for the weekend, admittedly it was horrendously cold & I know he doesn't like to run in the cold (poor little guy) so the decision has been made that I will only enter him in the summer trials when its warmer.. I was hoping for his last past for novice jumping title as next year they are changing the amounts of Q's you need for novice title, from 3 to 5  still I am rather chuffed with my youngest as he has surprised me :)

I am in talks with my significant other & the landlord to see if I can get a working dog breed puppy for my next agility dog.. I adore my little cresteds they are beautiful & my oldest is my heart dog but he struggles to run in the cold & the place we live is cold year round, he is much happier being a pampered lap dog & doing regular training & a run now & again in the summer :)

• LunaFancy likes this
[SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users