Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My First Crested Babies!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rowantree66

rowantree66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi!  My name is Desiree and I'm new to the forum.  I've wanted a chinese crested forever and as my adored catahoula leopard hound passed away from lymphatic cancer a few months ago, I've decided it's time to take the plunge.  I had decided last year that when it came time to get my next generation of dogs that I'd get two pups small enough to take with me when I fly, and no matter how many breeds I looked at and considered, I always came back to the little cresteds.  I've been scouring puppyfind and contacting breeders for a few weeks now and finally put a hold on two sisters today!!!  I can't wait to bring my two little babies home in a few weeks!  Kayla, my sweet little whippet mix, is 15.5 but still super healthy and playful and energetic - no one ever believes me when I tell them how old she is!  She's also the most well-behaved dog I've ever had, so I'm hoping she'll be a great example to her new siblings.  I've always been facinated by how dogs copy each other and learn from one another!  One pup is that beautiful white palomino color and the other is a very light lilac with apricot furnishings.  As a redhead I can't ever resist reddish pets!  It wasn't until AFTER I went through photos of all six of the puppies that were still available from this family's two litters, asked after their temperments, and chose two that got along well that I realized by accident that all of my pets will match.  My whippet is red (like Santa's Little Helper on The Simpson's) and my kitty I adopted last year is an apricot point siamese mix.  Anyway, I'm counting the days!  These will be my first hairless puppies though, so any advice on what products are best for them while they're still delicate babies would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Desiree

Edited by rowantree66, 17 May 2015 - 09:40 PM.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,226 posts

Hi , and welcome to you all ....look forward to many pics of all 3 of your babies

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Hi and welcome! There is a lot of good information here to get you started and help you pass the time until you pick up your little ones.
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
How exciting! Creative pups are the best! Super cute and very entertaining to watch! Especially since you will have 2! Can't wait to see pics once they are home! Congrats!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Hello, and welcome to the group! One thing to know about cresteds, they rarely stay the same color they were as puppies. My Ruby (the dog pictured in my avatar), was named for what looked like a bright red clown wig on her head! By the time she was 6-7 months of age, her crest was a blonde color, with a bit of red only at the very tips. Will be fun to see how your pups look a year from now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

Congrats!! 

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

Congratulations. You must be so excited, and the next few weeks will give you lots of time to read all of the threads on Crush. So much info: You couldn't have come to a better place. There are no silly questions, so ask about anything you can't find even if it seems silly. Someone will have an answer for you. We love photos, so be ready with your camera when they are home.  :biggrin:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users