Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Big Are Your Cresties And When Do They Stop Growing?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Ann-Kathrin

Ann-Kathrin

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Mine are 29 cm and 5,5 kg, 28 cm and 5 kg and 21 cm and 2 kg.
  • LunaFancy likes this
Posted ImageBest wishes from Ann-Kathrin and dogs

maxtmill

maxtmill

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 460 posts

It seems that our cresties are all sizes! My little boy is still small, at 4 months, so I am curious how big he will get!

maxtmill

maxtmill

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 460 posts

The breed standard says between 11 & 13 inches high, but does not specify weight.

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Here in Australia they do specify a maximum weight- taken from the ANKC Breed Standard web page :

Ideal height: Dogs 28-33 cm (11-13 ins) at withers

Bitches 23-30 cm (9-12 ins) at withers

Weight varies considerably, but should not be over 5.4 kg (12 lbs).

He was 35cm at last measure and he was 7.6kgs when we took the stitches out after his op ten days ago lol! His breeder is slightly agog...he's a lovely size for a cuddle though so I'm not complaining. He's six months old now and I reckon he'll top out at 36-37cm.

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas

Mine are all different sizes! Fifi is about 14 lbs, Howie is about 10lbs and my tiny Lexus is about 6lbs :) Its crazy how their size can vary so much!

Horseplay

Horseplay

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

My first Crestie was 10lbs or so.  Eva is a big beast at about 16lbs on a "skinny day".  17" topline and I just started making her clothes, not sure how tall she is.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Got Crested, Got Xolo, Go Naked!

coyoteugly

coyoteugly

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationKent UK

My Ziggy has a 24 inch chest which is just over 60 cms, he is huge for a crestie and our smallest can sit on one hand and we have 3 in the normal size range

glitterfy2080624T967B81.gif

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries

Without them humanity cannot survive 

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Measured him again today 36.7cm at the wither lol! His chest is just under 48cm, no doubt that will expand since he only 6months old, but I hope he doesn't make it to 60cm lol! That's ENORMOUS coyoteugly! :ohmy:

I think he's maxed his height now though...I hope so anyway!

coyoteugly

coyoteugly

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationKent UK

This is our Ziggy with our little Missi BeanDSCF2362.jpgDSCF2247.jpg

Edited by coyoteugly, 29 June 2015 - 01:55 PM.

• PrincessFifi and LunaFancy like this

glitterfy2080624T967B81.gif

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries

Without them humanity cannot survive 

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

that picture is hilarious  !.....but really , really cute... a good example of how different their sizes can be

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
He's still got a bit of growing to do, at 5 months of age, but I wouldn't expect it to be drastic. All of mine have been fully grown at about 8-9 months of age, with their weight actually decreasing a bit, as their puppy bodies turn to adult ones. My boy Enzo is my biggest, being at the top of the breed standard for height, and weight. He's about 13 pounds. I have two females in the 8 pound range, a one very small one, who is just over 5 pounds. She is also the mouthiest, and spunkiest of them all! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

bailey

bailey

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
My boy is a little over 15# he is 3 1/2 yrs old. I noticed he started to fill out when I started giving him phenobarbital for seizures- which was just in January. I wasn't sure if he really was a crested as most appear to be smaller & fine boned so I had him genetic tested & he is 100% Chinese crested- he is a white powder puff. Most think he is a poodle mix.

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Took him to the vets to try on coats and weighed him at the same time..., 8.56kgs- which is around 18lbs. :ohmy:  He's a monster lol! And nothing 'off the rack' fits him- 45cm long, 27cm neck and 47 chest. We're expecting record lows in temperature wise this weekend so I guess it's off to the drafting table and sewing machine for me!

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Well, just measured the monster today... 38.5cm tall! :ohmy:  I'm going to take him along to the vet with me on Monday when I buy his tick preventative and weigh him so stay tuned for that... The chew we've been using is for 4-10kg dogs and while I think he'll still be under the 10kg mark it's best to be sure.

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

So I took Akira to be weighed today... 11.1kgs (24.4lbs)! :ohmy:  I measured his height once the shock wore off- 39.6cm ... I really hope he's done now. Anyway it all explains why none of his clothes fit him anymore, his chest is now 58cm and his back is 50.

I predict a life in the sewing room for me. :dry:

Feylyn

Feylyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Feylyn is 4 months old and weighs 5.4 lbs not sure how tall does not stand still to measure

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
When we got ginger, she was 13 weeks. And about 2 lbs. Now she's 4.5 years old, and 6 lbs. She grew a LOT but she's still very tiny I think her top line is 7 ish inches. Muffy though. When we brought her home she was a year and a half. She was 11 lbs. And I swear she kept growing until she was 3 and I had her spayed. She's 22 lbs and has a top line of 22 inches. She's our 'big beasty' .

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Oh, penny is about 10 lbs and her top line is about 9 inches. That's how big she was when we brought her home. Lol shopping at petsmart is so easy. Small, medium and large. HahA

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users