Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do You Run With Your Crestie(S)?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

I started to run about 4 months ago (to  supplement my boxing training which I do 3 times a week, so I have energy to run about 2 times a week, sometimes 3 times), and I tought I will try to bring Dion with me. He is 11 months old now, I asked my vet friend and she said he is old enough for running. We gave it a try this week, we were two times already. And I was amazed he is in a very good condition, I didn't notice any signs of tireness on him after 4 kilometers of run. And he was so cute, we arrived at home and he started to run like a crazy around the room :) Yesterday we even did hill training, on the final rounds I saw he is tired but again we went home and he started running around :)  I made a video, I think he is soo cute and funny <3 : https://www.youtube....h?v=ilmBQzYojXw

I sometimes do long distance runs (12 kilometers was the longest yet, but I just started running recently) and I would like to go to run in the mountains when the weather will be warmer, and I will bring Dion with me too. 

I wonder who else runs with their crestie(s), and how often and what distances?

I'm amazed how good condition Dion has :) , and I'm happy he is enjoying it.  So they can be an excellent running partner! 

On the other hand Lovely is not that type of dog who would enjoy it, because she always wants to sniff/search for food, she would be mad at me if she had to run along with me continously on leash :D 

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

Running is  way beyond me these  days  but I do use my electric  running machine indoors. Steady walking pace,  :rolleyes:  and every time I get on it "Mischief" has to get on it with me. She loves it and the other girls all have a go when I get off but "Mischief" jumps on with them as well. There's no keeping her off of it. She must do a couple of miles a day at a trot. Sometimes she'll just stand on it when it's unplugged willing me to switch it on. :biggrin:  She's 12 this year.  

• poodlemom, Orsi&Lovely and Horseplay like this

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Chanelly loves running for a few blocks as if she is racing.  Its a game to her, but she is more interested in the smells than constant running. So when anyone in our house goes on a run they don't want her company because she breaks up their pace.  She is in great shape though and loves long walks.

• ann, poodlemom and Orsi&Lovely like this
[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

I am not able to run , but that sounds so great....having your dog run with you ....must be fun !....a friend told me that she is going to change her dog's name to ''five miles '' so she can tell people that she walked ''five miles'' today...lol

• ann and Orsi&Lovely like this

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush

I would sometimes bring Vegas on runs with me.  He kept up nicely and most of the time out ran me!  Glad to hear that you are having a great time with Dion.  

Ann, that is too funny about Mischief!   :laugh:

• Orsi&Lovely likes this

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
I'm doing good to run around the agility course with 2 dogs. The rest of the time we are mostly couch potatoes.
  • Orsi&Lovely likes this
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Running is  way beyond me these  days  but I do use my electric  running machine indoors. Steady walking pace,  :rolleyes:  and every time I get on it "Mischief" has to get on it with me. She loves it and the other girls all have a go when I get off but "Mischief" jumps on with them as well. There's no keeping her off of it. She must do a couple of miles a day at a trot. Sometimes she'll just stand on it when it's unplugged willing me to switch it on. :biggrin:  She's 12 this year.  

:))) Mischhief is a real character! :)

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

....a friend told me that she is going to change her dog's name to ''five miles '' so she can tell people that she walked ''five miles'' today...lol

:)))

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Chanelly loves running for a few blocks as if she is racing.  Its a game to her, but she is more interested in the smells than constant running. So when anyone in our house goes on a run they don't want her company because she breaks up their pace.  She is in great shape though and loves long walks.

Lovely is also like this, she is more interested about the smells than constant running.

But she loves hiking, she always runs a lot when we are going to hike and is did agility, so she is in great condition too just doesn't interested about running constantly along with me :) But I love it that Dion enjoys it :)

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

I would sometimes bring Vegas on runs with me.  He kept up nicely and most of the time out ran me!  Glad to hear that you are having a great time with Dion.  

(Y) 
When Dion sees a dog or birds he becomes very fast :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users