Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Meet Sabra - Now Named Minky(2)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

OutiDivin

OutiDivin

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,660 posts
We have a new "Minky" Our old Minky we adopted in 2011, and she lived with us for a year. She came from show breeders where one of them died and the other was ill with dementia. Minky was 10 years old when we got her and she died from kidney failure a year later ...... Well fast forward to Sept 2014 when the last of these dogs from the same owner were finally given up by the family. They were mostly old dogs and well loved & cared for, but things change. We got the new Minky, she's over 10 years old (we suspect she's 11 born in July 2003), she can't hear a thing, he vision is poor, and has some kidney issues. She is a doll though. We are happy to have her!! We renamed her Minky because my 7 year old autistic son thinks she's the same dog and calls her that. "Minky is back" is what he says all the time. She's a bit bigger than old Minky, but otherwise similar.
Sorry I can't seem to keep things short! Pic of new Minky....

Outi

Attached Files

• ann, Addy's Mom, Char, Muffy and Ginger and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
New Minky is adorable! She hides her age well!
And how nice for your son to have Minky back, that's a happy ending.
  • Addy's Mom likes this
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

deedswan

deedswan

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationIdaho
Welcome Minky2 !!

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Minky 2 is beautiful!!!  So glad she found her way to you.

[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

OutiDivin

OutiDivin

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,660 posts

Thanks!  She's a great little dog.  Here's a better pic of her with Jewel.

Attached Files

Edited by OutiDivin, 18 October 2014 - 02:30 AM.

• Char, Muffy and Ginger likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

Minky 2 is gorgeous.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

livkight

livkight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

She is lovely! and how wonderful for your son to have his friend "back" :)

• Addy's Mom likes this

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts

She's so gorgeous.  Congratulations!  Nice for your son to have her "back," too :)  

If life hands you melons, you're probably dyslexic. http://www.facebook....ethelovemuffin/http://www.louiethelovemuffin.com/LaxPi.gif

OutiDivin

OutiDivin

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,660 posts
It's funny, as time goes on I fool myself sometimes. Last night Minky was crawling up towards our pillows in bed, and I thought that's strange she always sleeps on her blanket at the end of the bed .... I forgot - Old Minky was the one who did that. It's nice to forget sometimes :) These older gals are just so sweet. I think because they came from the same place they might be related, they certainly look alike.

Outi
  • Addy's Mom likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

Aww, Congrats!! 

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Minky is adorable!  Her coloring reminds me so much of my Abby.  Abby has the light crest and darker ears, same body coloring.

Congrats to you and glad to hear your son has connected with her.

Rudy, Abby & Poco (running free 5/30/12)Posted Image

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
So beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush