Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Incontinence ....

- - - - - incontinence belly bands diapers Proin urine washes shampoo furniture protectors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

celebrateoften

celebrateoften

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi -- Do you have a preferred vendor for diapers for male Cresteds? My poor old Brian has gotten so that the belly bands can't contain all the dribble at night. Also, how about something to clean him? I've been using Johnson's baby shampoo each morning, but he's getting more and more stinky.... Partly becasue he doesn't seem to care at all, and lies in the places he's peed. I just sent away for a cover for the couch in the new place we're all moving to. But oh, it has carpeting, and I think I'll need to rip it all up and replace with vinyl. Any suggestions on that front? Here's the cover -- in case (!!) any of you have a need for such a thing. It was the only one I could find that is waterproof in all parts. Perhaps someone knows a better one?? http://www.improveme...true&strategy=3 Here's a photo of Brian in his better days. We were in Ethiopia. He guarded his bone from his big companion, Dante. Here they are howling together. Sometimes the female donkey would start them off by braying, and sometimes it wd be the opposite -- the dogs wd start and then one of the donkeys. It was such fun. I miss a lot about those days.

Hmmm... I am now previewing my post -- is it possible to have paragraph breaks?

Attached Files

• OutiDivin likes this

celebrateoften

celebrateoften

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

ok, about paragraph breaks -- do you have to insert them in the preview view?

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Re paragraph breaks, just hit return when you are typing as you would a normal document.

Re the Daipers, I cant be much help except to say that with Gizmo (who is huge for a crestie, with an equally huge bladder!) one of the maxi size incontinence pads (for humans) inside the belly band will hold a whole wee without much leakage.

Re the cleaning/stinkiness, perhaps some newborn sensitive baby wipes used frequently? wouldn't be as drying as full washing every time but can be used all over and should help.

• ann likes this

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Love the picture of them howling!! What comrades!

Sorry. I'm no help with the incontinence, but I'm sure others will be along with helpful input.
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

celebrateoften

celebrateoften

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hello--

I've been away again -- moving. Oh moving is a pain, isn't it? We (me and my animals) are just getting settled.

Thanks for the clue about adding an incontinence pad to belly bands. Shd work w diapers too. I've been using EZWhelp's belly bands and diapers; they're well made, prices are reasonable, and their service people are good when there are problems or questions. But little Brian doesn't fit into any existing size of their diapers. In the small size, the very end of his penis sticks out, and in the next size up, the leg holes are too big. I'll see what happens w a pad inside a belly band. Meanwhile does anyone know other good brands of diapers and bands?

My vet's also suggested using a cranberry supplement to cure incontinence. Any one had experience with that?

I hope all's well with you. I wonder what you're doing on HAlloween!

Graceful Senses

Graceful Senses

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationRedwood Coast, CA

I love Brian's facial markings, so handsome!  Hope everyone's still settling in well from the move.

My heart dog Teddy was incontinent as well (due to kidney failure, so can't help with cranberry advice).  I ordered quite a few custom belly bands from Ebay (I think they were around $8 a piece at the time) and just used the largest Poise pad they make.  I used sensitive baby wipes as well.  He had horrible diaper rash, so I tried to let him "air out" as often as I could but used a cream at night when he absolutely had to wear the belly band.  I think I remember using puppy training pee pads under a towel for when he sat on the couch, and a plastic mattress cover for the bottom half of the bed in case of leaks.

I first tried a belly band with a plastic liner for night time so it wouldn't soak through but it ended up holding in too much heat, so the sweat and rash didn't mix well!  Best of luck finding a combination that works for you and him :)

1766401eee88bbbm3.jpg

Ashima's Nautical Blush 10/6/08 CCPP

Stewart Gilligan 1/22/04 Beagle

Missing my heart, my joy, my sweet angel boy~Teddy 5/15/96 - 9/19/08~

celebrateoften

celebrateoften

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Thank you, Graceful Senses. Isn't it good to have other Crested members to talk with. Now that I've had these interactions with Crested Crush people here, I realize how at a loss I've been feeling. What sort of sort of cream did you use for Teddy?

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

I've had great success in the past using human baby disposable nappies, (diapers). Supermarket own brand work as well as the more expensive "Pampers" etc: They don't press on the penis like the belly bands do so less risk of rashes and soreness and they come in several sizes, so you should be able to find a reasonable fit for him. If a little extra protection was needed at night, I'd add a stick on panty liner placed in the nappy at the appropriate position to catch dribbles. For heavier peeing a normal S T works better for overnight use.  Baby wet wipes, sensitive or non-perfumed, own brands again work as  well, help to prevent smells and dry skin, better than water.  Vaseline or non-perfumed cream to help prevent soreness to finish off.   

Edited by ann, 21 October 2014 - 07:31 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Aveeno body wash mixed with coconut oil for cleansing....and if you mix it with some warm water....you can soak facial cleansing pads [ from the dollar store ] in the mixture in a container ...and you have  your own wipes....good for people , too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users