Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jumping Up On Lap Etc.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

littlemohawk

littlemohawk

I am wondering if anyone elses Crestie never jumps up, when playing or to get on my lap etc? Is like he cant jump from standing. He can leap impressive distances, like a good meter plus, across from sofa to floor cushion around the flat when he is playing and when out on walks I see he is very agile and can leap with grace my Boston does not posess! I just find it a bit weird, even when I hold toys up in the air, Miyako will go right up on his back feet but they dont leave the ground.

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Jack is a grounded crestie. see a lot of them are bouncy but jack like his feet on the ground.

he does jump on sofa and on my lap (if enticed with treats otherwise why would he wanna cuddle me?), and jumps on bed but then thats it. no other kind of jumping or bouncing. he does stand on 2 feet too to reach treats and can spin on two feet :). i had a foster crestie way back and little david would jump in my arms when i came home from school :D i loved it. but jack just isnt built that way i guess.

Posted ImagePosted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Both of mine are very bouncy, especially if food was involved. :) 

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

my Jakks jumps and jumps up as high as the kitchen counter if I am getting FOOD ready .....and , of course , he does the zoomies down the hall onto the bed , off the bed , down ythe hall , onto the couch , off the couch , down the hall........well , you get the picture

livkight

livkight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Stella NEVER jumps up. If I try to entice her with something over her head, she'll sit and expect me to give it to her, LOL! But I know that she has an impressive vertical jump-- she just won't do it if we're asking her to! 

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Both mine can jump and Fidget does what we call her Karate move where she jumps up at doors and kicks them with her back legs. She can also leap from the floor onto the kitchen table.

Sometimes however, she seems to forget she can do this. If we have visitors she will stand up on her back legs but won't jump onto their lap, they have to pick her up. She also does this with me if I have been paying "to much" attention to the others. She will do the same thing with the car boot sometimes.

I think it is "selective" non jumping, and comes under the same category as "selective" hearing which all mine are equally good at.

Kimm

Kimm
Trixie doesn't do the jumping up and down thing but otherwise she acts like a cat. jumps up into your lap, leaps into my bed (which is high) up into windows. I often call her kitty, lol!
Posted Image

littlemohawk

littlemohawk

While walking in the park yesterday, through really long grass, Miyako was doing this jumpy like a frog like move to get through the grass. Was adorable. Glad to see he isnt the only crestie who is jump up lacking! He does do an awesome leap of a jump, clears a really impressive distance. And with such grace :)

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
4 of 5 of mine have springs in their legs. They bounce and jump and leap around the house and yard. When we leave and come back home and let them out they go crazy! Bella is the only one that is more reserved. She will jump up on my lap or the couch but not as readily as the others. She prefers to walk/stand on her hind legs and be picked up. I think its 1/2 because she's a princess and she knows it (why else would she need carried to bed every night) and 1/2 because she has a luxating patella in one knee. Its not bad but it pops sometimes and I think it may be why she's not as springy as everyone else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

All of ours like to keep at least their back legs on the ground. The oddest one is Opal, who can actually walk hunched forward on her hind legs, like a tiny, toothless T-Rex.

Dizzy jumps and pronks when he is playing, and Opal is capable of some impressive standing leaps when she is startled (which is quite often with Opal, she is stone deaf and of a nervous disposition).

Charm's 'signature move' used to be the "bum swipe". When she was playing chase, she would suddenly do a 360 spin whilst running to knock her opponent off balance with a swipe of her rear end!

The only Crestie we have who would jump up was Holly. That was quite scary, considering she was blind. If she heard me come in, she would just launch herself in my direction and trust that I would catch her.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users