Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yay For Howie!!! :)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas

So my Howie aka "turd monster" usually spends most of his days in his "wiener wrap" as we call it, lol! Well for the longest time I had trouble catching him to put it on, he hated it!!!! But if I don't wrap him I take a chance of having a leg hiking accident, usually on my couches or in my kids room, his two fav places to tinkle. Well 2 weeks ago I started giving him a tiny treat after I put his wrap on. OMG! He is a completely different dog now! I don't know why I didn't think to do this along time ago! He is so excited to put his wraps on! Literally dancing and jumping around like a maniac! All I have to do is say, "Howie, come put your wiener on!" He comes racing around to the kitchen! I kneel down and he automatically puts his two from feet up on my knee (the wrap goes on tighter if he is standing up on his hind legs) and stands there til I have him wrapped up! Then he dances around until he gets his treat :) Its so cute! And his attitude has even changed since then too! He listens so much better, comes when you call him, ect. He turning into such a good boy! I mean he has always been a lover but he was just a brat before! Also since giving him treats with his wrap he has had less accidents in his diaper! I can usually reuse the same wrap and diaper for at least 3 days! (I put a newborn size diaper sideways inside the wrap so I don't have to wash the wraps so much) Anywho, just wanted to share our exciting accomplishment! So proud of my boy!!!!!

• Puffalicious Momma, ColleenT and Crested Mom of 3 like this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

good for Howie ...makes life easier all around. We had similar issues with Jakks ...he would only have an ''accident '' once or twice a month ...but I have a hard time cleaning up the mess , so we tried a weiner wrap , too [ yes , that's what we call it , too ]  and the treat.....he sits up in the chair so I can put the wrap on him so he gets his treat....it's kind of funny , really

• PrincessFifi likes this

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
Congrats Howie! That's so funny, I can just hear you yell come put your wiener on. Its got me cracking up like crazy over here!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

Well done Howie!

It has taken a long long time for Gizmo to be completely reliable, and we have only just got there in the last few months and I'm convinced it was because I started putting his belly band on more. Before we only used it occasionally or if we were visiting other peoples houses.

It started a couple of months ago with him actually asking to go out! and just in the last couple of days he has even gone out in the rain by himself. (even though the door was open, he would never go out voluntairily, we still had to put him out and shut the door for him to go) I noticed at the weekend that he was soaking wet, and realized he must have taken himself OUTSIDE, and IN THE RAIN, to go pee (because he would not have gone out for any other reason)

There is hope for all of them, even when you may have given up!

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Good job Howie!

Rudy, Abby & Poco (running free 5/30/12)Posted Image

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas

Thanks everyone! I'm so proud of my boy! There for a while I was really question myself as to why in the HELL did I think I need another Crestie, especially a boy! But he has definitely come around!

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Good for Howie and his wiener!
th_4b6276a97557c5a26524fd77469d8d98.jpg th_852190459f1f55b51db28b5a702bcf00.jpg th_fd4ac1abdbffdffdcbd75577bb1b2d9c.jpg

So California Crest-Care Rep Dog, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the worlds worship.-Ambrose Bierce

Puffalicious Momma

Puffalicious Momma

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 9,498 posts

when Zora was a baby she was the worst for the longest while pooping everywhere so i bought diapers as even though she did fab in the crate I didn't want to have to crate every time i couldn't watch her so i too bought newborn diapers and you know what??? she barely went in the diaper and the dipper days lasted about 4 months then she didn't need it anymore …my hubby joked to me during that time " now we found a way to crate just her butt!!" lolzzz

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Life is full of froth and bubbleTwo things stand like stoneKindness in another's troubleCourage in your own

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users