Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Have A "plum" Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ClaireHob

ClaireHob

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGatwick London
Hiya! I'm really hoping someone can help me. As some of you know from Facebook, Peppi was neutered on Friday.
However today his "coin purse" looks very sore. I don't know if it is normal. If this is what normally happens, but it's swollen, so still looks as if he has testicles. But the skin on the bottom half looks black, peeling. A friend has told me it's normal, but I'm just so worried. I was ok when it was just peeling, but now it just looks angry.I have a picture but can't upload it at the minute. I'll try again in a moment.

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
When my Marley was neutered it did look swollen like he wasn't neutered. It looked reddish purple but not black or peeling. After awhile the swelling went down and the area is flat like he never had balls at all. He did rip out his stitches while my mil was supposed to be watching him. Then the put staples in and he figured out how to wedge his cone between 2 chairs and pull it off so he could rip them out. He only got one 1/2 way out though. So with all his craziness, it took over a month for his incision to heal but I never had a problem with his coin purse area.
  • ClaireHob likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

littlemohawk

littlemohawk

I remember when Miyako was neutered his skin went blackish purple, I assumed it was bruising. As his skin shriveld up in the days following, the purple did become very wrinkly but it wasnt peeling.

Being hairless, the cone he had to wear rubbed his neck raw so I removed it. So he couldnt get to his wound I went to charity shop and bought a babygrow that would fit him, cut off the feet and a little hole for his tail to poke through. And it worked a treat, he was a lot more comfortable without the cone and he couldnt get to his bits to lick or bite at the wound. Obviously I had to remove when taking him to toilet!

• ClaireHob likes this

ClaireHob

ClaireHob

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGatwick London
That's a great idea, he really hates that cone and it is rubbing him. I might go and get one. I've got vet in an hour, so I'll keep you posted. Thanks guys!

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Our Dizzy also had that swollen, bruised look. I think that is fairly normal. The peeling skin sounds a bit worrying. If I were you I'd phone my vet and ask his advice about that.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts

I would give it a week or so and then see how it's doing, as long as it doesn't start really looking bad.  It's probably just normal bruising from the procedure.  I had Logan done about 6 months or so ago and it seems to me it was about the same.  

If life hands you melons, you're probably dyslexic. http://www.facebook....ethelovemuffin/http://www.louiethelovemuffin.com/LaxPi.gif

ClaireHob

ClaireHob

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGatwick London
We have some news. Took Peppi to the vet ando they think that he has had an allergic reaction to the hibiscrub they used.
He has a steroid cream to put on twice a day, and much to his disappointment, he has to wear his cone of shame . I'll keep you all updated. :)
  • DebbsHereNow likes this

littlemohawk

littlemohawk

Poor little man :( here's to quick healing and happy less weight between the legs!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,088 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Awww......poor little guy. I hope the steroid cream works quickly, and he feels better real soon.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

I'm glad it was nothing more serious than that (though I am sure Peppi doesn't feel that way)

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts

Awww, poor little guy.  I had that reaction to the surgical scrub when I had my gallbladder out.  It was awful.  I had a steroid shot and that took care of it.  I hope Peppi gets some relief soon! 

• ClaireHob likes this

If life hands you melons, you're probably dyslexic. http://www.facebook....ethelovemuffin/http://www.louiethelovemuffin.com/LaxPi.gif

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
My Parker just got neutered yesterday and last night he started wanting to lick at his incision so I put the doughnut style e collar on him. At first he didn't like it at all until he found a bully stick in the kitchen and forgot all about it. It seems so much more comfortable, kind of like wearing a pillow. I totally recommend them. I hope your baby feels better soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

ClaireHob

ClaireHob

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGatwick London
Update;
We got the all clear yesterday!! It's took a while. But they were happy enough to sign him off. They said just to use the cream for a few more days.

He is back to his normal crazy self.it was horrible and looked so nasty. So happy that it's better :)
  • Davyde and GrandCynth like this

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,088 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
That's great news!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

yay !!!

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

great news, glad he is back to his usual self.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users