Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Powder Puff Or Hairless ????

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I live in CA, and the law here states a puppy can not be sold until at least 8 weeks of age. A reputable breeder any where, will always keep them longer than 8 weeks, before selling them. 

The eldest crested I have now (my heart dog), will be 12 years old, later this year. She came from a one time hobby breeder, who sent her home with me at 7 weeks of age! I didn't know better at the time, and the law hadn't been enacted in CA, at that time. I ended up having to take her to puppy kindergarten classes, as I had some aggression issues with her. When she came home, I had a male standard poodle, and a male 5 year old crested. Ruby was just a teeny thing...so teeny, she wore the ankle part of a wool man's sock, with two holes made for her front feet. There was nothing available at the time that was small enough for her. She came home and started bossing the other two dogs around, and challenging me! This little snip of a puppy!  :laugh:  She would lock eyes with me, and NOT look away! The trainer told me that if I was going to let that happen, that I must never be the one to look away first. To this day she still does it, but it's with total love in her eyes. Often her eyes even tear up, and then she will lean into me, to hold her tighter. In her life, I am the only one who exists. She still bosses all the other dogs around, and they accept it.  :smile:

• DebbsHereNow and **Shannon** like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Chinese Crested Dragon

http://dragcave.net/user/statmed

Posted ImagePosted Image

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts

I am so happy that Chelsey made me wait until Logan was 12 weeks old before I brought him home.  He was so much better than I remember other, younger puppies being at first.  The extra time with his siblings and mom made a HUGE difference in how much he knew and how well behaved he was.  

He fit in here with the others pretty easily and was not overly nippy.  Chels also worked with him to get him well on the road to potty training, and he's been very easy in that regard, too.  I have had to rehab his potty training periodically but it has been nothing like my experiences working with pups who haven't been well socialized or worked with.  

• Puffalicious Momma and DebbsHereNow like this

If life hands you melons, you're probably dyslexic. http://www.facebook....ethelovemuffin/http://www.louiethelovemuffin.com/LaxPi.gif

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

What adorable little boys!! You are going to have a blast with these two. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image* Posted Image *

deedswan

deedswan

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationIdaho
They are so cute! I got my puppy Denver at 12 weeks and was a really easy pup.

Chelsey

Chelsey

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16,349 posts

It is such a big thing for the puppies to get to stay with their family during that time when they are learning all their "dog" behaviors. Like Laura said I do like them to stay until they are atleast 12 weeks. My pack raises my puppies ;-) When they are older they get to get out with everyone and they learn a lot! That way when they go to a new environment they have a lot of their habits that could be bad curbed. Mine usually know to respect the other dogs and not to nip or aggravate them too much. And I do try very hard with potty training too like Laura said! lol!

• skeeterbug likes this

*~~~~~*~~~~~*~www.klearlychinesecresteds.350.com~*~~~~~*~~~~~*
P1010049-1.jpg

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA
Well.....we are down to the last hours before picking up our baby boys and bringing them home tonight!!!! So excited!
  • porterk and DebbsHereNow like this

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

WooHoo! congrats! the first few nights can be rough, but hopefully they will comfort each other. 

• **Shannon** likes this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

porterk

porterk
  • LocationMichigan
Yay! Can't wait to see more puppy pictures!
  • **Shannon** likes this

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

I can not even begin to express the joy we are having with our two new babies.  They are the most precious little creatures ever.  We are enjoying them so much, it is so cute to watch them playing and wrestling around together.  We have also been doing great so far with potty time (knock on wood), we have had no accidents at all.  They woke up about 3:30am each night crying and I took them out and they both went potty and went back to sleep.  During the day, of course, we are consistent with taking them out to potty many times, after a nap, eating or drinking, and after playtime.  I am transitioning them to Grandma Lucy's but they aren't really taking to it.  It has only been a couple days so I am hoping they start liking it.  I will post some pictures, we have taken a ton  :happy:  but I will just post a few for now.

• ColleenT likes this

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA
Here they are all settled at home with us  :biggrin:
Handsome Dudley posing for the camera.
Dexter & Dudley resting after some busy playtime.
Dexter sleeping with Mommy on the couch.
Dexter absolutely LOVES his bed.

• skeeterbug likes this

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

aww. Sweeties! I am not sure if everyone is still checking this thread. You might want to start a new one in the bringing home baby section.

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Ok, will do.  Thank you Colleen.

• ColleenT likes this

skeeterbug

skeeterbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i am new to this breed as well and i chose the pp after alot of reading on both.the puff was for me due to the fact their teeth can fall out at about the age of 2 and the skin issues.i love the grooming part and u can keep them short or long.Sascha is 2 lbs 4 oz and is the best little girl.she bathes great n loves the blowdryer.she is 5 months old i got her at 7 weeks and was 1lb 6oz.shes gonna b very small indeed.i love this breed cause they are different.i wanted a hairless first until i saw the pp.they each cary a different gene and can never have both.i have read alot on this breed before i decided what i wanted and was originally looking at yorkies.Sascha eats blue and is great for her.she has no tear stans at all.I am going to do the pony cut on her because i think its adorable like the hairless.i started bathing her the day she came home.I trim her nails and clean her ears every bath and she is groomer ready now for her first cut without being scared to death.I have had no problems with her hair getting matted.you just have to brush it like you do your hair.Would post a pic but dont know how yet.If someone can tell me how i would like to know.

Chyna

Chyna

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationBig Sky State

Hairless all the way!  We have one powder puff and he is okay but to me he just isn't the same thing.  After I get his face shaved though he does come back to the family.  Otherwise he looks like my maltese mix.  LOL 

tanya :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users