Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Is Your Hlcc Name????

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Hi all-

We have a couple names in mind for our baby male HL CC, but we are having such a hard time though.  Really wanted a name that's "different/unique".  

What is your babies name?  

Did you choose that specific name for a reason?  If so, why?  

I am so interested in the answers to these questions.  Can't wait to see all of your replies :-)

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

We kept Chanelly's name when we adopted her from a rescue.  She was named that as a puppy by her first family.

• **Shannon** likes this
[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

RICKYSmomma

RICKYSmomma

RICKYSmomma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Our boys name is Ricky :) we were originally going to call him Harry but my sister said the name Ricky one day while looking at a baby picture the breeder sent us and it just suited him so well! We also know an older male crested name Steve (as in Steven Tyler because of the hair!)

• **Shannon** likes this

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Here are a list of names that I have compiled that I like, there were many more but I worked through an elimination process over the past week or so.  Of all of these names I seem to be a bit stuck on Baxter, however my husband leans toward Gizmo.  Ugh....I am making myself crazy with this.

Baxter                                  

Bandit  

Bentley

Gizmo

Harper

Yoda

Spencer

Tucker

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

Our AHT is Steve b/c my hubby's hero's are Steve Jobs and Wozniak. Spike came with his name, and hubby liked it. Ivy i named b/c i love Ivy. Pixie was a little Pixie, and Polly just fit her. I don't know, you can look up names for anything nowdays, medieval, gothic, traditional..

• **Shannon** likes this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

littlemohawk

littlemohawk

I named Miyako after a breed of Japanese pony called Miyako, cos CC's remind me of mini ponies! (oh and I love all things Japanese!)

• **Shannon** likes this

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

We named our Bonnie after my hubby's mom, it was her nickname. She came with the name Brittany,but that was my step daughter's name. Sophie came with her name. Rocco came with the spelling Rocko, but I prefer the Italian way. Vinny came the name Rusty, but I changed it and Jay Jay was called Sully in the rescue I got him from, but it reminded me of sullen, which I thought was negative, and I always wanted to name a kid Jay, but my X would not let me....Our cat is Catalina!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush

My boys came from the rescues with their names: Niles and Vegas.

I like Bentley, but I'm partial to that name.  My pony's name is Bentley!

• ColleenT likes this

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts

We named our first cc Morgan because we thought of ccs as little Morgan horses.  lol

Ace came with his name (retired show dog) and it fits him perfectly.

Oh and Gizmo is a very common cc name, just a head's up on that.  So is Yoda.

My daughter adopted a puff named Tucker (kept the name as it fits him too) and another member has a hairy hl named Tucker.

You'll know the right name when you can watch him become a part of your home.  

I adopted a tiny Xolo boy who was named Turd (ugh) when turned into the shelter.  The first time I saw him in person, he just looked like a little Mouse and that became his name.  It suits him since he's so tiny.  (My husband calls him Bobo the Monkey Boy, so he kind of responds to that too, LOL)

• **Shannon** likes this
“My dog, she looks at me sometimes with that look, and I think maybe deep down inside she must know exactly how I feel. But then maybe she just wants the food off my plate.”Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://www.chinesecr...line=1340394355https://www.facebook...mouseinthehouse

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts

Going to add that I love the name Spencer.  I have that tucked away as a boy name should I ever get another boy dog (not in the plans for a very long time).

I love Criminal Minds and Spencer Reed is just a doll (Reed would be another name I'd picked for a boy or girl).

• Tabatha likes this
“My dog, she looks at me sometimes with that look, and I think maybe deep down inside she must know exactly how I feel. But then maybe she just wants the food off my plate.”Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://www.chinesecr...line=1340394355https://www.facebook...mouseinthehouse

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Going to add that I love the name Spencer.  I have that tucked away as a boy name should I ever get another boy dog (not in the plans for a very long time).

I love Criminal Minds and Spencer Reed is just a doll (Reed would be another name I'd picked for a boy or girl).

I love Criminal Minds as well.  I was hoping to make a decision sooner rather than later as the breeder is asking me for a name so she can start using it so he will somewhat know it before coming home.

Tabatha

Tabatha

Glow Hippie Chick

• Members
  • 9,694 posts

I named Tucker b/c he was playing with his brother when we first got them and Tucker would always tire out before Rambler and he crawled up on me and I said "Aww, are you tuckered out?" And realize I had just named him perfectly.

• **Shannon** likes this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC

I named my girl Suki because I wanted a name that was similar to what she had and also one that sounded Asian since she is a "Chinese" Crested.

I also have a Cain, Sky, and a Sealy ( Sealy booth from Bones or Sealy lake a local lake ... both of which are beautiful to look at).

DCP_2493-1.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ Suki ~ ~ ~~

Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved, plus numerous other ailments of life.

Richard Allan Palm

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

My boys came from the rescues with their names: Niles and Vegas.

I like Bentley, but I'm partial to that name.  My pony's name is Bentley!

Oh, so now he's YOUR pony! 

• Ups N Downs likes this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,334 posts

Hairy Junebugs- Hairy for obvious reasons, he's hairless, and Junebugs came from Bugs Bunny. I know kinda weird, but it suits him. lol

Inky-  He was a rescue and his first name was Mohito, changed it to Inky after the ghost in Pac-Man, he seems to float like a ghost when he walks and plus he looks like a little ink spot. . 

Penny Pickles- She was a rescue and her name was Harriet, changed it to Penny like a lucky penny and Pickles just followed. 

Albert Capone- Named by his breeder and we just kept it.

I had Hairy named something completely different, was calling him all kinds of names the first 3 weeks he was home until finally deciding on Hairy. Good luck, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great and he will get a ton of nicknames along the way. 

• **Shannon** likes this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image* Posted Image *

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

I have no exciting name for my doggy :p

His name is Jack and he was called Jack by breeder think her son named him? then after x amount of emails and telephone calls and 2 visits he was already a Jack really. when breeder asked me what i wanted to call him i was a bit shocked... hadnt thought of that! and needed it for paper works... so because unable to think on the spot he just stayed a Jack. but got plenty of nick names though :p mostly girly ones as rhymes well :p (like jacky, jackelina etc) oh well he dont know that.

kutcher sounds cool though :p after ashton kutcher off course :p

plenty of names out there can select... i will have one ready when get my female golden in a few years time :p learnt now haha

be interested to hear you short list :D

• **Shannon** likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
Mine are Fifi, Lexus and Howie. Fifi got her name before she was born, lol! I thought of the most frufiest name and it stuck, hahaha! Then Lexus, I wanted to stick with fancy names so the name of a high end car fit perfect! Then Howie, he came with that name from the breeder, I was going to name him cricket but I kept forgetting and ended up calling him Howie more than cricket, lol! But mine also have nicknames, Fifi is usually Rattie or Rattigan (off of American tail) Lexus is usually Peanut or Baby Rat, and Howie is Wiener lol! When he's in trouble I call him Howard Schnitzel lmao!!!!

If I ever get another crestie girl I want to name her Gemma :) Don't really have any boy names stored, well I do but it's for when I have another human baby, lol! And that would be Harrison :)
  • **Shannon** likes this

porterk

porterk
  • LocationMichigan

My HHL boy is Peace-Porter, but we call him Porter. We named him after the white wine Piesporter because we make our own wine and dream one day of owning our own winery (just a dream). So Porter's our wine dog (all the wineries we visit have a wine dog, there's even a book about the different Winery Dogs).

When we got our Puff, Porter's brother, we decided to stick with the concept, and we named him Corkscrew! However, we call him Corky. His name fits because he has a crooked tail, like a little corkscrew.

Good luck choosing your name!! Can't wait to hear it!

Tracey

Mona83

Mona83
My baby's name is Turk. When we were deciding on a name for him I asked my then 3 year old son and he said "turkey bacon" My 2 daughters were not happy with that so my son cut it in half and wanted to name him turkey. Daughters still not happy with that so we tried finding something we were all happy with but my son wasn't caving in so my husband suggested Turk. Short for turkey. We all liked it so it stuck. My son still occasionally calls him turkey but just when hes playing
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK
I have Gizmo who was called scrappy when we got him, you can guess why its a popular name! our other choice would have been Yoda. As our first CC we thought we were being creative! We also have Fidget. She came with the name Zsa Zsa, and we were going to change it to Diva, but she never ever ever sits still, so Fidget it was. Our elderly terrier mix was a puppy when we got her from a shelter nearly 18 years ago with no name, the kids were small then so I let them choose. The eldest decided as she was fawn coloured she should be called Bambi, so that's what it was! I will always change a dogs name when I get it, but that is because I only get rescues and there is often a negative connotation with their existing name (if they came to the rescue with it maybe they were disciplined using their name, or if named in the shelter it isn't the best environment for them so for me it is new start, new name). I also like to get to know them a bit as I think the name will come to you easier then. I can't imagine Fidget being anything else now!

jennohio

jennohio

we named ours little miss moscowitz, but we call her mushu,  we were trying to find a name from my favorite movie kill bill, she was almost pai mei, my husband wanted to call her tater.

Edited by jennohio, 16 January 2014 - 03:20 PM.

jennohio

jennohio

we had an italian greyhound named gidget

Crested Mom of 3

Crested Mom of 3

Rockstar,Celebrity,Diva

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationIndianola, iowa
my first crestie is Rockstar Christmas because her dob is 12/23 and she was such a fancy dog I wanted a fancy name. #2 is Celebrity Jo to follow the rockstar theme and #3 is Diva Noel, a woodland fairy b/c she looks like a tiny fairy.Her gotcha day was 12/23, Rockstar's 7th birthday. No plans for a #4 and no name chosen in advance. I love Baxter and Bentley and Baily. the stats say Max is the #1 chosen dog name but I think that applies to non-cresties 'cause I've not heard it for our kids. fun hearing all these names and why.

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

I have been making myself absolutely crazy with this whole name thing.  I totally have OCD :-/  

I am now leaning toward Poindexter and calling him Dexter.  

I love all of your replies and names.  Thank you all so much for sharing with me.

• Vixen likes this

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush

Oh, so now he's YOUR pony! 

My friend keeps calling me his mom, so he is my adoptive boy, I guess! 

• ColleenT likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users