Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dear Internet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Madcaphound

Madcaphound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArizona

Hello Interent!

I came to you for advice on picking out the perfect smaller dog for our family! I spent over a year doing research - though I know it isn't all your fault internet. Some of it falls onto the dog people at dog shows and the owners of dogs that I talked to!

I was assured that Chinese Crested were lower energy little dogs. That they were lap babies and didn't need require the amount of exercise that for example a Bouvier puppy requires.

Dear lovely internet - I am here to tell you that you are WRONG.  Oh fount of information! how very wrong you are.  My two crested puppies have exactly two modes:  10,000 miles an hour and asleep.  They can go from one mode to the other in a split second as I have actually wittnessed them falling asleep in mid run.

It is a good thing they are incredibly adorable otherwise I would be tempted to have them stuffed.

Spence & Crew

• deedswan, poodlemom, DebbsHereNow and 3 others like this

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Hahahaaaaa

[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.

lol. 

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace, Jimi Hendrix. All dogs go to Heaven, but some dogs live in Hell. Please don't support puppy farmers.

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
Lol! That's pups of any breed for ya! Just wait til they get old, they'll settle down and turn into the lap dogs you wanted :) My fifi was hell on wheels now she is my snuggle bug, she turns 2 on Friday :)

sallysmom

sallysmom

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Lol! I agree with you:) my Sally Ann is the exact same way. She is like a tornado when awake. Or she is sound aseep. Nothing inbetween. Me and my husband keep saying how we wish she would just be 2 years old already! Lol. I forgot how much work puppies are. However neither my jack russell or our yorkie were this crazy. Lol but she is soo darn cute you cant resist her!!!

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

Well, you have to admit there is nothing more fun to watch than 2 cresteds playing together. I raised JRT's for a while, so i'm used to bouncy dogs. 

• sallysmom likes this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

Kimm

Kimm

Lol! That was Trixie too.  She still loves to zoom but mostly she is looking for a lap and acts completely abused if you will not sit for her to sleep on.

Posted Image

jennohio

jennohio

yep that happened to me did my research asked the breeder if cresteds were barkers and was told that they are a quiet the breeder told me hers hardly ever barked......well mushu barks at almost everything dogs on t.v cartoon ones even ,cars that go by the house the neighbors turning on their pour light or off, the neighbor going in or out of their house the mailman /fedex guy . sometimes i think she hears a mouse fart a mile away in the middle of the night and wakes from a dead sleep just to bark at it and scare the crap out of me.

Edited by jennohio, 10 February 2014 - 03:00 PM.

• DebbsHereNow likes this

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

I never had the pleasure of seeing any of my dogs as puppies, because I adopted them all when they were older. BUT, I am blessed ( ha!) with a crazy puppy foster dog, Bert! He seems to have more beagle traits than Crested, but man oh man, is he funny! I do love him, though. We call him the BIG GALLOOT or BABY HUEY. He thinks he is as small as my Cresteds but he is 8 pounds more than Rocco, who is my biggest. Beagle/CC mix is an unusual dog!

I want to post a video, but it seems I have no luck when I try.Attached File  Bertnakedpuppyface.jpg   59.77KB   0 downloads

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users