Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help With Skincare And Collar Shopping

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

Hello everyone-

I am new to the forum as well as to the Chinese Crested Breed.  My husband and I will be bringing our new baby home on March 1st.  He is a black and white hairless.  We are so excited and can not wait for his homecoming.  We have been mulling over some names so that the breeder can start to use it so he will kind of know it before coming home.  We wanted a unique but fitting name and that is starting to become a hard task to find one that we really like.  

We have purchased MANY of the things he will need i.e. new bed, couple tiny t-shirts, crate, puppy pads, steps to get into our bed, food and water bowl, Wahl Acro Clippers, doggie door bell (to let us know when he has to go out, we are hoping he catches onto that), toothbrush and toothpaste.

What we have left to purchase are skincare items, collar & leash, and food.  We intend on feeding TOTW daily and then a chicken neck 2-3 times a week as a treat/dental health.  I have tried a few times to contact Ally Oops to place an order for her skincare set, however she still has not gotten back to me.  I have read great reviews about her regimen and also know someone first hand that uses her products and highly recommends them.  If she does not get back to me, I am wondering if someone here can suggest somethings.  Additionally, I have been searching the web for a fleece or fur lined tiny collar and have only been able to find very few, any suggestions on that would help as well.  I will not have neck measurements and am hoping whoever I purchase from will have a ballpark idea of the neck size range for a tiny baby.  I just want to have at least one to hold us over until he grows some.  

Sorry to be so needy.  I thank you all for your help in advance!!

-Shannon

RICKYSmomma

RICKYSmomma

RICKYSmomma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
DogVonC.com has some beautiful custom collars that are lined with fuzzy material and you can get their name on it. We have one for our boy and he's super comfortable in it

**Shannon**

**Shannon**
  • LocationLevittown, PA

I live in Pennsylvania and would rather order within the USA since the prices and shipping gets so confusing for me.  

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
On skincare, try to hold off until he is home and you can see what kind of skin he has. Less is more with this breed, if you start slathering your pup up with all kinds of products, most of the time it will cause a major breakout! Start with baby shampoo, I use Johnson and Johnson in the yellow bottle and if you want lotion, use an oil free hypoallergenic kind, facial lotion is usually the gentlest. Other than that don't go crazy buying products, lol!

With collars, lots of people go for the satin lined collars as try are soft on their hair and skin. Try etsy, there are tons if shops on there that make custom collars. I myself prefer a harness, as it doesn't pull on their neck and run their hair away. I got my harnesses from petsmart, nothing fancy and everyone has their own pattern :)

Hope this helps and can't wait to see pics of your new baby once he's home!!!
  • **Shannon** likes this

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

I agree with having a harness and leash.  For a collar, any soft puppy collar should do while he is small, although you can get a softie collar or satin lined one.  Melissa, a member on here makes them.  Also, all the chinese crested rescue groups sell pajamas.  Check them out.  Here is Bare Paws Rescue site.  They sell xs jammies, seat belt harness attachments, leashs, etc.  www.barepawsrescue.org

Skin care, less is more.  Have some organic coconut oil to rub on skin after baths.  Wait on skin care to see what his is like.

[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
I make satin and plush lined collars. I'm having technical issues with my website but they should be resolved within a day or so.

As for the skin care question, I do baby wash for shampoo and cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer and or blackhead remover.
  • My Crestie likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

https://www.puppysty...ip-collar.html 

I love the lined collars from this place, I know they are in the UK, but it is not that expensive and worth it!

Also, don't forget to add some organic coconut oil to the food. It does wonders for our pups

• **Shannon** likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users