Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dry Eye

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Chyna

Chyna

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationBig Sky State

I'm trying to adopt a dog in Minnesota that they say has dry eye.  They mention twice a day drops/ointments or every 4 hrs.  Does anybody have experience with this?  She (Luna) is so beautiful and just looks like she has the same pep/devil may care look as Chyna and I just adore her already.

tanya :p

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

Never heard of drops every 4 hrs, but my Albert has dry eye in both eyes and needs drops twice a day and he has been doing great, he's never had any infections. He is on Tacrolimus. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image* Posted Image *

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Our Opal has dry eye, and we have to check her eyes twice a day to see if they need drops.

We keep the eyedrops by the bed, and it has just become a habit to check them when we get up, and when we go to bed. We use hypromellose "artificial tears", and whilst Opal doesn't particularly enjoy having them put in, she just accepts it as part of her daily routine. It sounds like Luna will already be used to the eye-drops, so I don't think you'll have any difficulty administering them.

The drops are cheap enough (I actually buy them from the pharmacy at the hospital at which I work, so it costs me less than £1 a month!)

I hope you are successful in adopting Luna, and I look forward to pictures of her in your home.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Chyna

Chyna

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationBig Sky State

Thanks gang, the rescue group is making it out that this is a huge undertaking and I'm not quite buying it.  I have to give Gypsie drops at least once a day so this is hardly anything different. 

tanya :p

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug

Thanks gang, the rescue group is making it out that this is a huge undertaking and I'm not quite buying it.  I have to give Gypsie drops at least once a day so this is hardly anything different. 

It isn't a huge undertaking, but it is one that can't be neglected. The rescue will have to make sure that Luna goes to someone who will not forget or skip doing her eye-drops every day.

I'm still confident we will see pictures of her with you before too long.

Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

Yeah, I agree. It's not so bad as long as you keep up with the meds. Hopefully we'll see an announcement from you soon that Luna is yours. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image* Posted Image *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users