Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Funny Stories From The Very Very Cold Weather?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Share please!

It is -16 here in Chicago and Chanelly who hates her boots and never wears them was put in them today for the first time this season.  I could only find three of the four.  She was outside, carried down the snowy stairs by me and placed on the freezing below zero ground and told to go potty, when I noticed her one foot without the boot was being held in the air!  LOL I guess she really does like those things even despite the crestie scream as they go on her feet!

any funny weather stories?

• bailey likes this
[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
Last freeze our porch was completely covered in ice, well The dogs were out for a potty break. I opened the door to call them in and Howie comes hauling butt across the yard, hits the porch, slips, falls on his side and slid across the entire porch! Omg it was so funny! He is such a nut ball, lol!

That's the only funny one I have, mine gang are such chickens when it comes to the cold, lol! They usually just stand on the porch staring in the window waiting for me to let them back in :)
  • kevlaur and My Crestie like this

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC

It isn't a Crestie story but I think it is a funny story although Cain my Pom / Papillon male may just disagree.

I few years back I heard this god awful screeching outside and thinking the worse I run outside in my sock feet to find Cain sitting in front of the steps on the ground. He looked just fine, there was nothing threatening around just our dogs playing in the snow and ignoring him. So I call him. Well More ungodly howling and I am thinking what the ........... call him again more howling but he manages to come to me and looks somewhat relieved. I look at the spot he was sitting and there was a patch of hair and a distinctive imprint .... Did I mention he was not neutered. I Burst out laughing, I was having Joe Dirt flash backs, Cain was giving me dirty looks.

• deedswan, poodlemom and My Crestie like this

DCP_2493-1.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ Suki ~ ~ ~~

Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved, plus numerous other ailments of life.

Richard Allan Palm

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Funny!  I see Howie sliding... I'm glad he didn't get hurt!

I think I understand Kevlaur, maybe his privates got cold and stuck???  Poor guy!

Today I found the 4th boot and she didn't scream when they went on, but she still hates them, however I know they did help. And she has been successful going potty in -40 windchill.  Brrr 

[URL="http://barepawsrescue.org/"][/URL]

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

I have to carry Sophie out in bad/cold weather or she will not get off the steps! So, I took her out around noon, and the wind was blowing so hard. I watched her to make sure she peed, she started to pee and the wind started blowing the pee onto her leg! No wonder these poor hairless dogs do not want to go out. She had fleece PJs and a fleece jacket on, but the pee hit the naked part of her leg...my poor baby

• My Crestie likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

Well, Hubby did not think it was funny, but Steve pooped in the family room this morning. ( they have a doggy door) but he was not going out in the -10 degrees f.

• DebbsHereNow and My Crestie like this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

Horseplay

Horseplay

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

It's feeling like -38C or -40C with the windchill today...  I have my pack of 6 plus two boys to foster...  two of my 6 are boys...  If it wasn't so bloody cold I'd have snapped a pic of the frotn walk way.  Since it's been shoveled and there is so much snow it's 1 1/2 foot high walls all down the walk walk and all of those walls look like pee graffiti!  I had a good laugh at that...  You can tell "the boys were here"...and there...and there...  there is dog writing all down both sides of the walk way snow banks.

Just around Xmas we had a crazy ice storm that left about 6" of ice on top of the 3" of snow.  Then a few days later is snowed a few more inches.  Hubby and I decided we should go out and do a bon fire.  It was ridiculously slippery, the dogs were having trouble walking, we fell on our arses a number of painful times yet we insisted on the fire... Our driveway/parking pad are at the top of a little we hill, the hill usually ends about 5-6ft from the bottom of the pit.  Well with the ice on snow and more snow piled from the edge of the drive, the little incline from the parking pad to the pit made a great sled hill!  We don't have sleds :/ but I was bundled good and sliding down on my butt in my snow pants did just fine :)  Did I mention I'm 30+yrs :D  And of course after the dogs saw mom do it they all had to try, some took some encouraging but they all did it LOL So here I am giggling like a child, calling my dogs to carefully tip top across the ice and up to the parking pad to do it again, of course they follow.  I must have slid down a dozen times, once with each dog on my lap - even the 80lbs one, didn't want him to feel left out, and our old boy who didn't so much enjoy going on his own and not sure why he had to get off me at the bottom...

• poodlemom, DebbsHereNow and My Crestie like this

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Got Crested, Got Xolo, Go Naked!

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

All of mine absolutely hate this, needless to say there have been some accidents in the house. :(

Now Hairy, I have no idea what is wrong with him or what he is (certainly not a hairless chinese crested)  but he is loving this weather, I swear that boy would stay out all day if I let him. We live next to a farm with cows and he will look out the window and bark and bark at them, I let him out he will run to the fence and bark at them and run back into his toy box, rinse and repeat. He isn't one to lay on the couch and sleep all day, he is ALWAYS on the go.   Never a dull moment with him around, that's for sure. LOL 

All I can say is thank goodness for his snowsuit!

Edited by Hairy Junebugs, 08 January 2014 - 01:33 AM.

• rlnrn, DebbsHereNow and My Crestie like this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image* Posted Image *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users