Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nobody Warned Me...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Madcaphound

Madcaphound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArizona

Just how charming these little nutcase dogs actually were!   I find it nearly impossible to get anygry for longer then about 15 seconds! No matter how naughty they are being and boy oh boy can they be naughty! They are just such wonderfully funny little creatures - and in completely different ways from one another. They are so different than I thought that they would be and so very much better!  We are still learning from one another and stumbling a bit on the way  but I figure as long as we keep laughing about everything we will make it!

Years and years ago my husband told me I could only have 1,000 pounds of dog in the house. This was back when we owned mastiffs and great danes .. back when most of our dogs were in the 200lb range.

I keep pointing out just how many cresteds I could have and still be in my weight limit!  - He is a bit worried.  I don't think I'll tell him that I'm not serious  (at least not for awhile!) gotta keep him on his toes.

Has anyone else been shocked by how much better cresteds actually are? I mean you can talk to crested owners, read books/web pages/ articles/forums, go to shows, ect and come to the conclusion (at least I did) that they are pretty amazing little dogs ... but nothing really prepares you!

Spencer & Co

• DebbsHereNow, Orsi&Lovely and LunaFancy like this

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts

Why do you think we have a whole forum devoted to their worship?  There is a saying around here that these are potato chip dogs-- you simply cannot have just one.  They do work their magic and work their way into the heart, in no time at all.  So glad you are enjoying your little ones!  

• Ace, Char, Muffy and Ginger, DebbsHereNow and 2 others like this

If life hands you melons, you're probably dyslexic. http://www.facebook....ethelovemuffin/http://www.louiethelovemuffin.com/LaxPi.gif

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA

we had JRT's before we got CC's. And we have 2 CCPP's and 3 AHT's now. I could never ever own a big dog. I want them all small enough to pick up and put them where i want them. and it's easier to snuggle 5 dogs when they equal 52 lbs altogether! Glad you are loving your new family. 

• sallysmom likes this

PIXIE, POLLY, STEVE, IVY, SPIKE

pixsmileavat.jpgpollyavat4.jpgstevehuntsmall3.jpgivycrush2.jpgspikesiggy1.jpg

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA

Hubby and I sit in our family room at night, always have a few dogs on our laps and we tell each other how amazed we are by our Chinese Cresteds! We also have 2 other dogs. a long haired dachshund and a Chi mix with hydrocephalus. But our 3 CCs just act so human, like children. Hubby says, even though he has had many dogs in  his life, ( we only met 8 years ago )He never thought he would be so crazy over dogs like he is with our CCs. Only other CC families can understand! That is why I love the Crush forum so much!

• poodlemom and Crazydowg like this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Left to right, back,) ( cousin) Chester, Rocco, Jay Jay,(front) Bonnie, Vinny and Sophie!Posted Image

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Not a long time ago I didn't know the chinese cresteds at all. I knew there are naked dogs but never see them from close, and didn't know they are with fur too. Then about 3 and a half years ago I met with Lovely's (my puff girl) puff brother,  Aston, and I absolutely felt in love with him, he is such a character :)  It happened my previous doggie was sick and I had to let him go, and wanted a new dog, and I decided to have Aston's littermate. And I'm so happy to decided to bring home Lovely, because she is an amazing dog <3 

And since I know more cresteds, they are all such characters :)

• DebbsHereNow and LoveMyPuffs like this

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada

You have one and then you want two. You have two and then you want three. You have three and then you want four. You have four and then you want five ....

Me, I have two and I want more. They're pretty addictive.

• deedswan, Char, Muffy and Ginger and DebbsHereNow like this

I55MdGW.jpgI55Mm5.png

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
I had always wanted a French mastif , or an English bull terrier, or a little yorkie. Then I saw how to lose a guy in 10days, and saw the Chinese crested in that movie. And I was hooked. I had to have one. Now I have 3. And we will ALWAYS have cc's. Tho , I promised hubs one day we can have a super fluffy lil Pom . With a boo hair cut lol
  • DebbsHereNow likes this

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

they are amazing.......I have always heard that dogs don't remember things , they just live in the moment...I don't think whoever said that had ever met a cc.....mine has a better memory than I do , lol......and as far as training them , I think it is more that they train us !!  Jakks has me trained to give him a treat if he pees or poops outdoors....and if I stop doing it for a few times...he pees in the house , then takes me to it so I will remember that he MUST have a treat for doing the right thing ...he's not going to do it for nothing !!

PrettyPuff

PrettyPuff

They are indeed addicting! I frequently look at petfinder to see the CCs that need homes, eventhough I can't take on another one right now. The background on my phone is a pic from petfinder of a beautiful female that was on there and who got adopted...I have a problem lol. I love the CC smile when they are excited. Mine smiles when my boyfriend comes over to visit, her gapped-tooth smile is so funny. And my mom had the pleasure of heraing the infamous "crestie scream". I have yet to hear it. And they are sooo sensitive! Puff had an incident where the vet cut her quick in half and she STILL puts up a huge stuggle and hates having her nails clipped, she wasn't like that before. Also one time when I was grooming her I accidnetly pinched her with the clippers. No blood or scrape or anything but she freaks out when I shave that side of her body now. They certainly do remember, though I would say they have "selective" memory, haha. 

• handsome's mom likes this

skeeterbug

skeeterbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have also fell in love with my little girl Sascha.she follows me everywhere i go since day one.She sleeps with me and never leaves my side no matter what. I was sick and in bed all day and she never left me .their personality is just out of this world.so dainty and prissy is my little one and when i talk to her she looks right at me and tilts her head like she knows what i am saying.she loves to be held all the time.she will actually hug me and roll under my chin to get closer.she is only 5 months and i cant imagine being without her.they are really one of a kind!!!!
  • DebbsHereNow and handsome's mom like this

handsome's mom

handsome's mom

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Aren't they amazing little dogs? I too am used to large dogs like English Mastiffs, Irish Wolfhounds, Bouviers and Old English Sheepdogs. I've wanted a Crestie for 10 yrs (he's a mix). I did a lot of research before getting Handsome so I thought I was ready. Never did I expect he'd have such a high metabolism. He is full of piss and vinegar and he is so entertaining, such a clown. He loves to be touched and held. He's a real creature of habit. Every night he goes to bed between 9 and 10pm. He sleeps till 11am when in his own bed. He knows dinner time is 5pm. He is just so entertaining and we love him to pieces (as we do all our pets) but he's so different from any pet we have ever had. The vet said I have small dog syndrome.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

oh , yeah ....I have sds , too [ small dog syndrome ].....I used to have Chihuahuas and loved the breed [ still do ] but cresteds are so very different from other breeds....I don't think they are dogs at all !

yecartmannew

yecartmannew

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSomerset UK

I always used to be a big hariy dog person! now I will never have anything but CC's. I think they are enchanted! They snare you into their world and won't let go. its like selling your soul. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users