Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feeling down at the moment.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
The last few days have been very sad. A Crestie breeder I have known for many years was taken into hospital a couple of weeks ago. She's in her 80's and has had three major ops: in two weeks. It seems as though a miracle will be needed if she's to survive, as she's in a very bad way. Very little hope, but she's beaten the odds many times in the last two years. Over the years she's made me promise to have all of her dogs when she died, and my phone number is on everything, even her fridge, to be sure they get to me. She only had two left, a 15 year old h/l girl and a 12 year old puff girl. Her daughter brought them to me. Sadly the hairless girl had to be put to sleep as she had cancer in her mouth and throat, and was in a lot of pain. Also blind, senile, barely able to walk, and so thin, as she had a job eat and had to be hand fed mush. The lady's husband asked me to have it done as he wasn't able to do it. He'd tried to get his wife to put her out of her pain for months, but she wouldn't agree. I'm so mad because the daughter should have taken responsibility for her. She was quick enough to dump them on me while her mum is still alive and in hospital as she's so busy and doesn't have time to see to them. I assume she thinks I sit on my a***e all day.:angry: It shouldn't have been down to me to have this dear little girl put to sleep, because I feel I've betrayed the trust she put in me to care for her dogs when she's gone. The puff is very nervous and just hid herself in the back of her cage, even though I left her door open for her, but today she came creeping up to me of her own accord to be cuddled, and she ate her dinner for the first time. When Phillip came home she didn't run from him, she actually took a piece of chicken from his hand. Small steps but good ones. Prayers and vibes will be welcome for her owner to recover please.

Stollsilver

Stollsilver
What a horrible situation to be put in. I'm sorry this happened to you and sorry your friend is going thru difficult times.Lots of vibes and good thoughts for her health to stabilize. I'm glad, though, the puff girl is with you and seems to be coming around.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh, Ann, this just breaks my heart. :;(: I'm so sorry this was put on you, but as the strongest and most capable, you have done what was the best, and sounds like so very long overdue, in helping this little soul to the bridge. I'm glad the little puff has you to look after her, as well. Sending lots and lots of healing vibes to your friend, and that she may once again rally, and come home. Hugs!!

Chelsey

Chelsey

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 16,349 posts
Oh my gosh, Ann. What a sad situation for everyone. I am so sorry! I hope you are able to help the poor puff girl. Maybe that will be the silver lining in this. Maybe she will have a great rest of her life with you. She is lucky to have you!

Kimm

Kimm
Oh how sad. I hope the little puff comes out of her shell quickly.

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
I'm so sorry for the hard situation you have been placed in. I hope your friend can rally again and enjoy a little more time, but if not, she sure has a good friend in you that can be counted on to do right by her dogs. Take care.

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
Hun all I can say is I am sending you support and I hope your friend pulls through once again.

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Awe Ann. Hugs and vibes to you the pups and your friend. Much love coming from across the pond oxoxoxoxoox

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
What a sad, sad situation. I am so sorry that you had to be the one to send the hl to the Bridge, but honestly, I'm sure she crossed with someone who had more compassion for her than the daughter would have. It should have never been put on you, it's sad that some people just can't see beyond their own feelings. I hope your friend recovers and is able to take her puff back, in the meantime, it sounds like the little one is making some steps forward.

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
Another way to look at it is that your friend asked you to take care of her babies and what you had to do, putting the hairless to sleep was the best thing for her. I sincerely hope your friend pulls through and gets some more time, but either way I know her little puff will be in good hands. Lots of hugs during this tough time.

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
Oh how sad! Sorry you had to go through all of this! I truly hope your friend pulls through and I'm sure she will understand you did the right thing for her hl girl. Vibes and hugs!!!

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
Oh no Ann, so sad to hear this. Like everyone has said, this is a lot for you to deal with and please know that we are all here supporting you. Very sad that the HL had to die, but she is out of pain now. Sending VIBES to the puff, that she becomes comfortable with you and your hubby. thanks for doing this Ann, you are a saint.

tiff'smom

tiff'smom

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
There are angels among us that's for sure and you are one.

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC
awww Anne you are a wonderful friend to take on this responsibility and all it entails. I am sure the puff will soon make her self at home in your comfortable home and become one of your pack. I believe dogs understand far more then we give them credit for, She knows how sick her Mom is and that she has probably gone away to die and will accept this fact and accept your home.Playing devils advocate maybe the daughter felt much the same as you, that she would be killing a piece of her Mom if she put her beloved pet down, Maybe she could not handle telling her Mom that she did this deed. Not everyone is good at explaining their actions or their feelings and this can be misunderstood.

Donnah Reys

Donnah Reys
  • LocationCalgary Alberta Canada
Sometimes it takes a person who is a bit removed or objective to make such a decision, sending a beloved part of the family to the rainbow bridge is incredibly difficult. It wasn't fair to leave this in your lap, but it had to be done. Your love is evident in your actions to bring peace to one and a new home to another. Your friend knows you well and you are honoring her. Hugs

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA
How lucky the pup was that you were able to end her suffering. i am so disappointed her owner would not allow the dog to be put to rest. the other little one will probably do just fine in your care. i have also made promises to Rick's aunt to care for her dogs when she passes and to make sure they go to good homes. I feel such a burden on my shoulders.

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
(((((hugs)))))

Orsi&Lovely

Orsi&Lovely
What a sad situation, so sorry to read this :( Sending vibes to your friend and the puff too!

Davyde

Davyde

Stray Human

• Members
  • 3,350 posts
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
[quote name='ann;817210] It shouldn't have been down to me to have this dear little girl put to sleep' date=' because I feel I've betrayed the trust she put in me to care for her dogs when she's gone.[/QUOTE']Not at all, Ann. She trusted you to care for her dogs. She trusted you to make the best decisions for the dogs, not to make the easy choices, or dodge the issue altogether. If there was any other option that would have been better for the dog, I know you would have taken it. You have done the right thing by the dog, and by your friend.

abigailrabbit

abigailrabbit
I have only just seen this Ann.I am sorry that you are having to go through this :( You were completely right to have the older girl put to sleep, as there was nothing else that could have helped a fragile little thing tin that condition.I am also surprised that the daughter had let this little girl get to this stage... someone needed to do the right thing, and in the end it was you. I hope that the puff continues to improve, it sounds like you are slowly gaining her trust, which is a great thing.Sending vibes to you and all concerned.Abi xx

ann

ann

PAINTED PONIES.

• Members
  • 15,835 posts
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
The little puff is now happy and confident. She asks me to play with her, she's eating well, and she's claimed her space the sofa. Still a bit wary of Phillip but has worked out he comes home with treats and she'll now take one gingerly from his hand. On a sad note she won't see her mum again. She has been moved to a side ward so she can slip quietly away. We're told she has hours rather than days now.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth
  • LocationCalifornia
I'm sorry to hear that your friend isn't going to recover this time. ::(: I'm glad you are there for her last little one.

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
I am sorry to hear about your friend, Ann.

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs

Your Furrless Leader

• Administrators
  • 22,836 posts
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
Sad news for your friend, Ann, I'm so sorry. Glad to hear that the puff is starting to come out of her shell with your love and guidance... and a few treats.

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
So sorry to hear about your friend hun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users