Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I said it wasn't going to happen, but...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Well, it's probably about the worst kept secret around... But it IS noteworthy that this is only the second time it's happened to us in all the years of fostering... Anyway, without further ado, I'd like to announce that Lola (aka Zola, Ebola, CokeACola - and the one my spouse and son hate most, Piglet) has officially joined our clan. She's all of 9 months old (I guess after 30+ years of adult dogs, I've finally joined the ranks of insane puppy adopters!). She's all of about 11lbs, full of piss&vinegar and puppy joie de vivre, and she's the bossiest, toy-stealingest, LOUDEST dog in the house - yes, she even tops our shrieking IG, Shoney! She does, however, travel like a dream, snuggle like a nekkid newborn, and wake me each morning by nipping my nose, thus eliminating the need for my annoying alarm clock, so I guess that means she earns her keep. Welcome, Lola! In the words of Bob Marley, "Don't worry about a thing cuz every little thing is gonna be alright." And just remember, don't laugh at me - next time it could be you!

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Aw, she is Cute! Congratulations on your second failure. :ROFL:

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
Best failure ever! Congrats hun.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,113 posts
Congratulations to Lola and to your family! I bet she knew all along!

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,299 posts
  • LocationEastern PA
Congrats on your Foster failure!

Kimm

Kimm
I said it wasn't going to happen, but...Lol!!!! Good for you and Lola. She's a super cutie. After Trix I said never again will I get a puppy but you never know ;)

Rach

Rach
  • LocationKansas
Who could turn that face down.. right? :ROFL: Congrats!

Galaxiegirl

Galaxiegirl

Rescue dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
She's so adorable! How could you let her go! I do how ever feel your pain, both my pups just turned one and are finally potty trained! My garden is a mess, there are baby gates on half the doors in my house and they will still chew almost anything for fun! Like you said though they joy for life is infectious, I try to keep in mind how quickly they will grow up and enjoy their high spirits while they last.Congratulations to Lola and your family!

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Oh yeah... It's a pretty innocent looking little face, but let me tell you.... :pooped:

Who could turn that face down.. right? :ROFL: Congrats!

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Just like skin-babies, you blink and they're grown. But I do have to say, of all the things our fosters have done - and we've had our share of "interesting" behaviours - Lola takes the cake. It's a really good things she's so darn cute! :ROFL:[quote name='Galaxiegirl;813574]She's so adorable! How could you let her go! I do how ever feel your pain' date=' both my pups just turned one and are finally potty trained! My garden is a mess, there are baby gates on half the doors in my house and they will still chew almost anything for fun! Like you said though they joy for life is infectious, I try to keep in mind how quickly they will grow up and enjoy their high spirits while they last.Congratulations to Lola and your family![/QUOTE']

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I'm laughing at myself because all along I've said I'd like to do just one more puppy before I'm too old to cope...and Lola just sort of "fell into our laps" - we were only doing a transport for her but because my sister was going in for surgery, we kept her a few days layover until my sister was stable. In hindsight, I suppose, one might have been able to guess the outcome... You're right though - you just never know... She fits like a glove with the other dogs...:++:

Lol!!!! Good for you and Lola. She's a super cutie. After Trix I said never again will I get a puppy but you never know ;)

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I think you're probably right, Deb. She was such a petrified little pup when we picked her up, which was what hooked us in initially, but then puppy-love took over and, well, the rest is history...:ROFL:

Congratulations to Lola and to your family! I bet she knew all along!

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
HA! Well, our last failure was a greyhound many, many years ago.That old girl appeared to be the perfect dog... Loved my son, slept at his feet every night; alerted to every sound any of our foster children made and came to fetch us if we didn't react to them as quickly as she thought we should... Followed loyally wherever we led...All that until the day we signed the adoption contract. That VERY day, she leaped up onto our brand new orthopedic bed and emptied her big-girl greyhound bladder... and NEVER - not even once - slept again with my son (much to all our chagrin). She was a love, though, for sure, just not what she advertised as a foster!:ROFL:I think Lola is pretty much as advertised. So far, she's just as full of spunk and spit as she was at the beginning...

Best failure ever! Congrats hun.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27,907 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
So happy for Lola!! I'll bet it never felt so good, to fail at something, eh? :ROFL:

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,328 posts
What a cutie!! Congrats!

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Slave to the Nakeds

• Moderators
  • 18,671 posts
I love her! So much attitude, won't be boring at your house!!:ROFL:Congrats, she's adoralbe.

PrincessFifi

PrincessFifi
  • LocationWest Texas
She is way too cute! Congrats on your failure! Lol!

Wijic

Wijic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 826 posts
Aww, welcome home, Lola! Hey, she is going to be safe, cared for and adored for the rest of her life. That's no foster "failure", that's an adoption success!

Donnah Reys

Donnah Reys
Welcome to the "gang". I have 4 CCs now, same situation couldn't give them up!

Kophee

Kophee

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
I said it wasn't going to happen, but...Congrats on the new addition... So cute and adorable.... And yes I think we will all agree it could and will happen to the rest of us... Of corse I'm on the hit list.... I love puppies

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
All piss and vinegar. :ROFL: Congratulations on failing this fostering. She's gorgeous.

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,194 posts
She really is precious! I love her facial expression in the first pic!

bailey

bailey

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
awww, so darn cute!

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
Congrats! She's cute and seems to have quite a personality! :woohoo:

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Oh congrats ! She's gorgeous ! I can't be a foster.... Hubs and both know any dogs that come here, will stay. *cough* attachment issues. She's so cute! And sounds like a lot of fun, and entertainment ;) and yaya a local ish crusher :) I've been absent for a while, lack of functioning computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users