Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Loosing teeth?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

srsteagall

srsteagall

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
Lily is months old and losing teeth, is this normal? will she grow more?I have looked at the ones I have found and I don't see any decay. I am starting to worry! :worry:

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Depending in how many "months old" she is they're probably just her baby teeth. If they are baby teeth they should grow back in but keep in mind that if she's a hairless often they have less teeth than other dogs.

srsteagall

srsteagall

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
she is hairless and 10 months old. Lily is my first crestie,I want to make sure she is healthy, thank you!

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
Tooth loss is common in the hairless cresteds. Neither of my boys have a full set of teeth. Vegas seems to be losing his lower front teeth when I blink and Niles has no upper front teeth at all. Both have molars.

butlerchick

butlerchick

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,054 posts
Rocky has his bottom and top front teeth, one molar at the back on all four "corners" of his mouth and that's it. the sides of his mouth (both top and bottom) are toothless... Millie's teeth are much better but also is missing some here and there. Rambo has almost all his teeth but he's a very hairy hairless...

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
mine is a hairy hairless and no visible teeth are gone. at 10 months they should have all permanent teeth already. about 4-6 months this occurs depending on breed and individuals. could be then that her teeth root are very shallow and thus fall out. as others have said this is genetic and common in the hairless variety

Chyna

Chyna

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationBig Sky State
Chyna did pretty good for a long time and really just started to lose a large amount of teeth once she turned 12. So now she has buck teeth in the front, I tell her she has bunny teeth. ::D:
  • LunaFancy likes this

Kophee

Kophee

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • LocationCoeur D'Alene Idaho
Loosing teeth?Sweet Charlie had most if hus teeth and didn't loose baby teeth tell he was pass Est 14 to 15 months. Everyone said to have them pull at one year but I decided to be patient and I'm happy I did..his adult teeth did come in but there's not the same amount as the baby teeth were. Some just didn't come back in. Now that he's 5 yrs old i notice a tooth is starting to fall out from time to time... They look heathy... Also foursome reason he has less hair then when he was young... He's a HHL... Some where I think I read that starting to loose teeth around this age is normal in some dogs...as long as he is healthy I don't worry to much.. In fact I look forward to the day I may see a pink tongue hanging out. LOL

Austin&Lauren

Austin&Lauren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Austin has begun loosing his molars and I can feel that another one is really loose.  He is 8 months now and I think he should have his permanents in by now, maybe I'm wrong.  Either way, those of you whose babies are pretty toothless, are you feeding them mostly soft food?

Austin hasn't been eating his food that much, or mostly moving around the hard kibble and eating all the wet.  I'm realizing that it must be because his teeth hurt! =(

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,234 posts

Jakks' teeth are like Rocky's....and have been  that way since we got him at 3.5 years old....he is missing 16 teeth ....and, unfortunately...the vet. does not charge less , even if they don't have all their teeth !! we just  got Jakks '  teeth cleaned ... YIKES !!! $550.00

LunaFancy

LunaFancy

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

AKira lost a canine yesterday- it was a baby one but he doesn't seem to have any adult canines coming through, poor baby. We were playing with this rope -I'm so careful when I play with tugs because I've been worried about the canines- and swung it behind my back to throw and he must have latched on just before I let go. I heard a 'POP' and I knew then what had happened. I feel bad and wish I hadn't picked up the damned rope in the first place now.

If he doesn't show any signs of adult canine teeth now- he'll be nine months old next week - he's unlikely to have them am I right?

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Luna Fancy- Mya lost both of her top canines about 2 weeks apart playing BY HERSELF with a toy. I saved the teeth and took her in and found out that at the age of 4 years she still had baby teeth for her top canines and would never get adults. I thought that was crazy. My vet who specializes in canine dentistry highly reccomends no playing tug even with another dog and no chews that dont have just a little flex to them for our hairlesses.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]***MEGAN***

srsteagall

srsteagall

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Hmmm Eddie loves those hard nylabone chew bones ,he tears up everything else, but armanicrazi may have just changed my mind about those....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users