Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you kiss your dog(s)?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
http://www.cesarsway...Feb6KissYourDog:greedy: Ewww. I don't and that is why I don't.Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that dogs carry aroung 52,000 different species of bacterias in their mouth. Cats are even more.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
I do and will continue to do so. There are so many things in life that we are told not to do..... I just can't help it

butlerchick

butlerchick

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,054 posts
I do too.... I have two that love to kiss and do so often and very lovingly... and two who kiss sparingly... When I get those kisses, I LOVE them!!! They are rarely doled out so I will take whatever I can get!! <3

l1ltaral1l

l1ltaral1l

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA
I don't allow licking on the face...although being Cresties, they are excellent at sneaking them in here and there!

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA
i do, and i probably won't stop.

Addy's Mom

Addy's Mom

Best In Show

• Members
  • 4,884 posts
The main source of infectious diseases in humans is other humans. If you are taking good care of your dog and having a normal degree of physical interaction with her, how vulnerable are you really to something being transferred from a lick on the face?It's a little different if your dog is a regular poop eater, and I'm not suggesting anyone start French kissing their dogs--but I hope you know that kissing your partner isn't "sanitary" either.Germophobia isn't making us healthier.Lis

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
There is a difference between kissing your dog and letting your dog lick your face/mouth. I kiss my dogs every day, on the neck or top of of their head usually. If they want to lick (kiss) me, and they do of course, it's what dogs do, then it's limited to a quick lick on the hand, cheek, or neck, not on or near my mouth or eyes. A quick rub with a wet wipe, or pre: wet wipe days, a damp cloth or tissue, quickly cleans away any possible germs. In 50 years of kissing, and being kissed, by dogs and other animals of many species, I can honestly say I've never caught anything from it. I always wash my hands after handling the dogs, or any animal, as a matter of hygiene, not because I think I'll catch anything from them. The worst thing I've ever got from an animal is flea bites. As a groomer, rescue, and vet: nurse, that's a hazard you won't escape at some time.

l1ltaral1l

l1ltaral1l

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA
Good point Ann!I basically keep them away from my face just as a precaution. Last year Lucy was kissing my Mom so frantically she actually scratched her (my Mom's) cornea with her teeth!

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
I do kiss a lot on my dog's head, neck, cheeks, body, muzzle but not on the mouth to mouth except once, for a photo. ::D:

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
Ahhh what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
  • horseypup likes this

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
I kiss them all the time and they will lick my face and I have no plans to stop. Now I'm not sure I advocate french kissing your dog, but in my opinion there are worse things we encounter on a daily basis than a doggie kiss. ::D:
  • ann and Kolibree like this

Tabatha

Tabatha
Tucker would be devastated if he couldn't give kisses. He has to have one before I go back to bed in the morning. He stands there tail wagging waiting on it.

jennohio

jennohio

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I let Mushu kiss me all the time,she licks my face, and iam still alive. My cat will lick my forehead and arms some times. I think my cat is tasting me to make sure that if i trip over the dog and die from starvation from not being rescued that i taste good.

Wijic

Wijic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 826 posts
I kiss my dogs and they "kiss" me back. I regret nothing! ::P:
  • Kolibree likes this

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I kiss my dogs every day! Just not on the mouth. I don't allow them licking my mouth, either.....but my cheek/face is okay, as they love to give kisses as well. I am a germ phobe, but I'm okay with this behavior. :big_smile:

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
I will thirst to death before I'll drink after another person but I do kiss my dogs on the nose every day!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth
  • LocationCalifornia

I will thirst to death before I'll drink after another person but I do kiss my dogs on the nose every day!

:ROFL: Exactly!!

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC
I know my dogs have recently just licked their A$$ and I am not going there ..... ever! I would not kiss my child if he licked his ummm private stuff, would not kiss a lover who did that either and I am sure not kissing my dog. they will have to settle for huggs treats and rough play. :confused:

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
I have worked in industrial kitchens, now my work is with little snotty, poopy germ factories (children). A little doggie bum breath smooch can't scare me.:++:

ann

ann

PAINTED PONIES.

• Members
  • 15,835 posts
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
[quote name='Kramer;799647]I have worked in industrial kitchens' date=' now my work is with little snotty, poopy germ factories (children). A little doggie bum breath smooch can't scare me.:++:[/QUOTE']OMG :ROFL: Some of these replies have me in stitches.

Horseplay

Horseplay

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,603 posts
My last dog wasn't a kisser, except the one time I woke up and she was taking advantage of me with french kisses :shock: Otherwise she would give kisses if I asked but that was rare.To keep Eva from giving kisses you'd have to tie her tongue in a knot and duct tape her mouth closed! Drives me nuts!! I really do not like doggy kisses, just don't, the germ aspect never ever occurred to me LoL Not even when I know they get kitty crunchies out of the litter box sometimes :puke: My Pit is a kisser too and I hate that, he knocks my glasses off my face with big sloppy ones when you least expect it.I let them kiss once in a while like if they've not seen me for a day or something but I try to avoid it. Once Eva was quite obnoxious with the kissy face and I nipped her tongue HAHAHAHA she was horrified! But she still kisses :0/Given I have almost always worked with dogs in some capacity as well as in the stables...and I'm a nail biter, I'm thinking I expose myself to way more 'crap' (yea, literally) than what is in my dogs mouth.

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,811 posts
I kiss my dogs all the time, I've also worked with animals all my working life, I'm not scared by poop and doggy breath! My friend on the other hand works with germ ridden children will not tolerate doggy kisses and freaked out when she got a bit of poop on her hand when cleaning up after her brothers dog (1st time poo pick lol!) There are few zoonotic diseases (diseases that pass from animal to human) most of these are parasite related and the others are vaccinated against (rabies, lepto) or can also be caught from people (MRSA) You are more likely to get ill from kissing your kids or spouse than your dog lol!

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
i kiss my doggy almost all over, and if he so wished he kan kiss me and lick me, if i lotion my legs he will lick that all right off again, im not bothered about germs, he isnt a poop eater either which im thankful for :p i rather enjoy the here and now than worry about ifs and buts.

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
this post is making me giggle. i am a huge germ phobe. except when it comes to my animals? i do all that i can to not have them lick my eyeballs, cause thats gross to me, and i know they are all poop eaters, so i do all i can to aviod 'in the mouth kisses' but thats it. its the little things in life that make you smile... m eh. so the poop eaters lick my face. at least i know what they eat i guess lmao

PufferNekkie Gang

PufferNekkie Gang

Loved Completely

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
KISS< KISS< KISS!!! Yup, Yup. I kiss em, they kiss me...no regrets. I try to avoid the lick in the mouth...but Pippy is darn quick!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users