Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Charm Update(s)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
Charm had the results of her latest blood test yesterday evening. Her white blood count has returned to its correct level, so she is going to be restarting her chemo.Mr Lafferty - I may as well put his name in, as he's a great bloke and "the vet" is a rather anonymous way of referring to him - is going to start Charm on a new regime which he hopes will stop this happening again. She is likely to start taking a higher dose, but take it less frequently.Her steroids will be staying the same, so she will not miss out on her daily treat of "magic paté"

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
Great news for Charm! I hope that the new meds help her and are able to keep her more stable. Yay!!

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
Excellent news. Still sending lots of healing Crush vibes for Charm.

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts
Glad to hear the good news. I hope she continues to do better.

Stollsilver

Stollsilver
Great news for Charm!

StellaLeigh

StellaLeigh

Mistress of the Bark

• Members
  • 2,971 posts
Whoo Hoo this is wonderful news for Charm! Yeay :++:

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I LOVE these kinds of great updates!! :++:

Davyde

Davyde
Another blood test, and another round of chemo today.Mr Lafferty is exceptional pleased with Charm. She is doing 'remarkably' well for a dog of her age. The blood tests showed nothing at all out of the ordinary.Our 'little princess' is turning out to be a lot tougher than we had dared hope!:<3:

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts
Great news! So happy for you!

ann

ann
Wonderful news. Keep it up gorgeous girl. x

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Wow, good for Charm!!

Stollsilver

Stollsilver
Fantastic news!! Go Charm!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Fabulous news! Doing the happy dance here, for Charm!!

rlnrn

rlnrn

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas
Such good news!!!

Rosied

Rosied

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
Yay! Go Charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StellaLeigh

StellaLeigh

Mistress of the Bark

• Members
  • 2,971 posts
Awesome news Davyde!!!!!Go Charm!!!:woohoo:

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
Wonderful!!! Great news for Charm!

Davyde

Davyde
Charm had another blood test last week. Although there was no sign of any recurrence, her white blood cell count was a bit high, so she had to have a short course of antibiotics before they would consider letting her take her next dose of chemo.We went back yesterday and saw Becki, the other vet in the practice (who is also lovely, caring, and down to earth)Just from observing Charm's demeanor and behaviour, she gave us he go ahead to start the next round.Becki has always been more cautious than Mr Lafferty about Charm's chances, but she admitted that Charm has exceeded all her expectations, and called her "our little miracle girl"!How much of this is down to Charm, how much to the meds, Crush vibes, her diet, etc, I don't know; but whatever it is, it is working.So for reference for those interested to know: She is on six weekly doses of endoxana (chemo), and prednisolone (steroids) every other day.She gets home cooked food 2-3 times a week and tinned dog food with biscuits the other days. When she has tinned food, I add a light sprinkling of turmeric.Her home cooked diet is a variety of meats (beef, chicken, lamb, rabbit - whatever I can get) with a little rice and a variety of vegetables (spinach, carrot, squash, shredded cabbage, capisca, tomato). When cooking I add a small amount of garlic, cinnamon and ground ginger. We limit he sugar intake (to just a little bit in their night time bowl of tea) and don't worry about any fats in the meat (she has put on a little weight, but who cares!)And finally, here's a picture of the little princess today:Posted Image

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
These wonderful updates are so heartwarming! Charm looks so lovely, sunning herself today. <3

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
That is great news! She is looking good, continued vibes she keeps it up! :red_heart:

Stollsilver

Stollsilver
Great news! And, you're right, Who Cares?!?! As long as Charm is not in any pain and enjoying life.She is a beautiful miracle girl!:red_heart:

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts
So glad she continues to do well!

ann

ann
I love that pic: of her. She looks so well and relaxed. How does chemo: affect dogs? She obviously hasn't lost her hair as humans do. Who cares if she gains a little weight, she's still beautiful and if she has a few days when she's off her food, (probably not something that affects Charm, especially if there's a sausage around,:ROFL: ) it will act as a buffer for her. Continuing the Crush vibes for her continued progress.

1crestie

1crestie
  • LocationSo. California
Charm looks great. She's an inspiration!

Tabatha

Tabatha

Glow Hippie Chick

• Members
  • 9,694 posts
Wonderful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users