Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Charm Update(s)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
Charm had her latest blood test yesterday, and the vet is so pleased with how clear it came back that he is halving the frequency of her blood tests from every three weeks to every 6-8 weeks.::):Charm is beginning to, ummm, 'fill out' somewhat around the waistline as a side effect of the steroids, but she is in lovely condition. She occasionally seems a touch melancholic, but I suspect that is due more to the terrible weather than anything else.(And Lily's persistent friskiness is also getting on everyone's nerves)I think it says a lot about our vet that even after an operation and repeatedly being jabbed with needles, Charm is still always excited to see him.(Her sister Holly also used to adore him, but I will never forget the look of surprise and indignation on her face during one examination when he earned himself the nickname "the finger-bottom man"!:shock:)
  • poodlemom likes this

Puffalicious Momma

Puffalicious Momma

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 9,498 posts
awww so glad that she is doing well !!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Keep it up sweet girlie!! sending healing vibes in continuum for Princess Charm !! ((hugs)):kiss::kiss::kiss:

ann

ann
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
Such great news. No doubt she will return to her trim self once she's done with the steroids, and hopefully a few warmer days will banish the melancholy.

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
Super news!! Yay!!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Awesome update!! So happy for Charm!! :red_heart:

Tabatha

Tabatha

Glow Hippie Chick

• Members
  • 9,694 posts
Wonderful update!

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
Absolutely outstanding news! :++:

Addy's Mom

Addy's Mom
Wonderful news!Lis

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Slave to the Nakeds

• Moderators
  • 18,713 posts
Wonderful news for Charm! Still sending lots of good vibes for her.

Rosied

Rosied

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
Awesome news! So happy for you all

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
that is great!! So happy to hear a good update on Charm!

Graceful Senses

Graceful Senses

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationRedwood Coast, CA
Thanks for the update, such great news!

puffornot

puffornot

Best In Show

• Members
  • 4,832 posts
Wonderful wonderful news!!

rlnrn

rlnrn

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas
Super news!!

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
I am so very happy to hear this news! I have been keeping her in my prayers!:;):

coyoteugly

coyoteugly
  • LocationKent UK
What fab news, she is such a little trooper. Give her a cuddle from and mine please

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
Charm had another blood test earlier this week. Her white blood cell count is rather low as a result of the chemo. This makes her rather susceptible to infections, and means she won't be able to have her next round of chemo until her count is back up. She'll be having another blood test in a couple of weeks to check this.That said, she is in generally good condition. The steroids are giving her a hearty appetite, and she is enjoying the luxury of breakfast in bed each day. She is also enjoying the privileges of being a "poorly princess" such as increased "Mummy time" and being the only one allowed to join Rie in her craft room.

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
Thanks for the update, Davyde. I am glad that Charm is doing alright with the chemo. Of course the "poorly princess privileges" certainly help. I hope her count comes up and she can continue treatment soon. Give the sweet girl a gentle hug from me!

ann

ann

PAINTED PONIES.

• Members
  • 15,835 posts
  • LocationBerkshire. England. UK.
Sending Charm lots of healing Crush vibes. It's good to know she is improving and being spoiled with lots of mummy time. I'm sure she has the "poorly princess" part off to a tee.

Rosied

Rosied

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
Glad to hear Charm is doing well

Chelsey

Chelsey
Very glad to hear Miss Charm is still doing well!

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Slave to the Nakeds

• Moderators
  • 18,713 posts
Good news for Charm! Love her "poorly princess" status, keep working it Charm!! :++:

rlnrn

rlnrn

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationNW Arkansas
Davyde thanks so much for the "poorly princess" update. Hoping her blood counts come up soon. But in the interim Charm, milk it baby, milk it!!

StellaLeigh

StellaLeigh

Mistress of the Bark

• Members
  • 2,971 posts
Yay Charm! Steady as she goes. So glad to hear she going well. Here's hoping her counts are up next time around and her treatment can commence again.

Laura

Laura

• Administrators
  • 10,362 posts
Sweet Charm, I hope her while cell count comes up and she continues to do better and better. Lots of mum time sounds like a pretty good deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users