Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Malaseb shampoo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Who has used Malaseb shampoo before? What kinda of issue were you trying to treat and how well did it work? I have ordered some because I've been told that it's just an all around good shampoo but I was wondering about other's experiences....

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
Never tried. If I recall, it is to treat fungal overgrowth. I use Ubavet anti-bacterial and anti-fungal since forever. It calms the itching down after a bath but in the long run, it dries out her hair. I'm looking for a good hypoallergen rinse. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,811 posts
I use Malaseb on Riley, he has allergies and gets quite yeasty. Works really well and soothes his skin :)

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I've been using it for years, now. Just bathed all 4 cresteds with it, yesterday. They have enviornmental allergies, and one is a high yeast producer. It works really well on my pups.

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
I used it for a few weeks on Jack and his skin got really dry, and I have heard other say that it dries out the skin too. Personally wouldn't use it unless had to, now i even use an anti flake shampoo or whatever it is, its called pet head :) smells nice and works great on Jack :P

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
None of mine get dry skin from it, but then I only bathe them about every 4 weeks.

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
We used it on Opal when she had a skin infection, and on our old Topaz for the same reason. It was good for treating that sort of thing, but we don't use it when a medicated shampoo is not needed.Quick Confession: When Rie was in hospital for her heart op they kept issuing her with bottles of hibiscrub, so we've been using that for the past couple of years when we've needed an antibacterial bodywash for the dogs!

Nita

Nita
oh, I was just wondering as I read this if hibicleans would work too.. I have a large bottle of that from when my daughter had a staph infection! How was it on your dogs hair? We're fighting something.. think it may be yeast...but not sure.... on our oldest poodle. I know she has a yeast infection in her ears but her back is cruddy too, hasn't affected her coat though, it's just as thick and lovely as always. Go figure!

Davyde

Davyde
  • LocationStepping over the Pug
[quote name='Nita;796966]oh' date=' I was just wondering as I read this if hibicleans would work too.. I have a large bottle of that from when my daughter had a staph infection! How was it on your dogs hair? [/QUOTE']Opal is a true hairless, so I really don't know what it is like on hair.::):

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Both of mine are true hairlesses too and I always use conditioner on the furnishings they do have so I can't say for sure. I have a feeling that it may be a little drying to the coat becaus it's a little drying to their skin.

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
[quote name='armanicrazi;797045]Both of mine are true hairlesses too and I always use conditioner on the furnishings they do have so I can't say for sure. I have a feeling that it may be a little drying to the coat becaus it's a little drying to their skin.[/QUOTE]Hi Armanicrasi' date='What do you use as a conditioner?[QUOTE'][/QUOTE]

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
[quote name='Crazydowg;797069]Hi Armanicrasi' date='What do you use as a conditioner?[/QUOTE']Lol whatever conditioner I am using on my own hair

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada
Oh! Lol

snortlepup

snortlepup
  • LocationChicago, IL
I have used it numerous times on my past dog, and on customers. It has always produced good to amazing results. Mostly used to treat allergies and tons of skin issues that come from allergies, I have seen it soothe even the most itchiest of dogs. My Lhasa used to get this for her yeasty skin and it always made her feel better, and helped control her terrible scratching that would make her lose the hair on her sides and armpits. I think you want to bathe them every week with it, although it doesn't smell that great. It's always smelled like weird carrots to me. I used to give a german shepherd weekly baths with this stuff, and she was allergic to the world. You would never know it because she never scratched at all.

snortlepup

snortlepup
  • LocationChicago, IL
[quote name='Crazydowg;797069]Hi Armanicrasi' date='What do you use as a conditioner?[/QUOTE']A good conditioner that I LOVE as a groomer has to be this. It also comes in a shampoo that is medicated but it not only soothes skin but conditions it for that lovely healthy glow. When I use it on any dog it leaves a nice sheen on their coats and battles skin that is prone to dandruff and other skin issues.http://www.petedge.c.../1109/45880.uts

Crazydowg

Crazydowg

My Precious

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationQc, Canada

A good conditioner that I LOVE as a groomer has to be this. It also comes in a shampoo that is medicated but it not only soothes skin but conditions it for that lovely healthy glow. When I use it on any dog it leaves a nice sheen on their coats and battles skin that is prone to dandruff and other skin issues.http://www.petedge.c.../1109/45880.uts

Thank you very much Snortlepup. I'll check this out right this minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users