Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Prey Model Raw" Cheat Sheet

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Puff_The_Magic

Puff_The_Magic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
I had mentioned a while back about a little 2 page article and meal plan I'd written up regarding Prey Model Raw diet. I use it to send out with foster dogs when they are adopted; and have given it to numerous friends and family. It's nothing fancy, just tried my best to make a "raw cheat sheet." I hope this attaches properly, if not let me know and I'd be happy to send it via email. =)[ATTACH]16205[/ATTACH]
  • assibassi and Crestylover like this

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Wijic

Wijic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 826 posts
This is wonderful! Would it be all right with you if I shared this with a few people?

Puff_The_Magic

Puff_The_Magic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
Please do! =D I made it with the intent of helping spread the word, so feel free to share!

Locket

Locket

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Is the meal plan for a 5 lb dog? If you had a 10 lb dog, would you feed double?

Wijic

Wijic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 826 posts
You want to feed your dog 3% of their ideal adult body weight per day, as a start point. Then, adjust to more or less if they lose or gain weight.

Puff_The_Magic

Puff_The_Magic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
Thanks Wijic! The meal plan is for a 5lb dog, yes; but will vary for each individual. I have a 4.5lb chihuahua who eats the same as Julian, my 7lb Crested! One has oddly high metabolism and the other slow; so I agree that I'd just start at 3% and work my way up increasingly if they start to slim down in a week. =)

Dawn&Ringo

Dawn&Ringo

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
It truly is individual depending on each dog. We have hypothyroid IG who on raw needs 14oz per day to maintain his weight of 16lb. OTOH, Ringo, at 12lbs gains weight if he goes over 7oz per day. Both are equally active and one might think the hypo-T dog would have a lower metabolism, but that's our experience.It's good to have a guideline to start, but you really have to keep your hands and your eyes on your dog and adjust accordingly.Around here, we keep our dogs lean, not skinny but lean, so we're also adjusting amounts seasonally; they're more active outside in the spring/summer and get more then, and less so in the fall/winter.JMO,Dawn&Ringo

Crestylover

Crestylover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKansas
Was wondering if you could send me the cheat sheet

assibassi

assibassi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLivonia Mi.

Yep, I would be interessted in the Cheat sheet as well.

Imzadi83

Imzadi83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUSA

The attachment doesn't work for me, but I would love to have this information.

jakksmum

jakksmum

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

though the original posts are old , I would also like to see the cheat sheet .....is there anyone that has it ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users