Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crestie Pumpkins?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
With Halloween coming up I wanted to try my hand at carving a crestie in a pumpkin, but I have zero art skills. Anyone know if there are any simple Chinese Crested templates out there? I have found some other breeds, but not cresties.

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
That would be sooo cool!!!

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
I have looked around and can find nothing! I would suggest that you find a picture of one that you like, maybe even a cartoon one (google images for pics) and print it out and trace onto the pumpkin, then cut out areas that highlight things, like the hair, ears, etc.I thought someone did one once, a long time ago. I had a website saved, but I lost all my bookmarks last year when I switched computers :(

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
I think I remember someone on here doing one free-hand, but that isn't happening here, lol! I was thinking of tracing a cartoon image, but not sure how that will turn out.

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
Hmmm didnt sheri / crestedcrazy do one?

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

Hmmm didnt sheri / crestedcrazy do one?

Just searched and found the thread' date=' it is awesome![URL']http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/chinese/showthread.php?50098-Howloween-Pumpkin&highlight=pumpkin[/URL]I'm nowhere near as talented as Sheri tho, there is no way I could ever do that! LOL

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Wow that's amazing! I have NO artistic talent or patience to even try something like that but I think it's an awesome idea!

Candy Apple Cockers

Candy Apple Cockers

PerformancePup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationOntario
If you truly wanted one of your crestie, I love Allie at Allie's pets. My avatar is cartoon Cider (it's printed out and framed on my wall). I also have one of Smudge, but I love the Cider one.

Bella&Marley's Mommy

Bella&Marley's Mommy

woofieandmeowers.com

• Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPottsville, PA
It'd probably be easiest,if you googled Chinese Crested Silhouettes. If you had to, you could print one out and then trace it onto paper so that if it is too complicated you can change it a bit and then trace it on to the pumpkin.

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
I'm terrible at the actual carving part. If you want, why don't you just stencil it on, rather than carving. Use black paint. I saw somewhere that someone painted the pumpkin white and then stenciled on the black silouhette of the dog.

crestedcrazy

crestedcrazy

Noidinator Moderator

• Moderators
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationHere there everywhere
how I did mine I just printed out the CC silhouette onto a piece of craft cardboard then cut it out and laid it onto the pumpkin and traced around with a pencil .... I def didn't do that free hand....lol

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Very cool!! I'm not talented that way either....but it sounds like it would be fun to try! :;):

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Char, Muffy and Ginger

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
noids hair in the pic is hysterical. oooozing nioditude lmao i dont know why, but the only thing i can carve into a pumkin is .... well..... lets say i get asked for my 'adult party' pumkins..... but i can NOT carve a regular pumkin or anything creative. just 'boy parts' i really dont know what that says about me ...... dont think i want to know either:ROFL:

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
:ROFL: Char that is too funny! I got a pumpkin the other day and printed out a crestie silhouette, so we shall see what my carving skills are. If you guys don't see pics in a week or so, then chances are I failed and I'll end up just carving some triangle eyes again. :ROFL:

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
:ROFL: Triangle eyes!! That and circles, are the only things I can carve! Good luck!!

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
Okay, I finally got it done, it turned out better than I was expecting. I accidentally cut his back legs off, but that's because I had to start and stop about a million times because of the kids. :ROFL:I didn't get it cleaned out very good and forgot to get a candle for it, but I think I'm going to try to make another one.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16072[/ATTACH]I hope the pic works, first time I've uploaded from my comp.

l1ltaral1l

l1ltaral1l

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA
OMGosh it looks GREAT!!!!

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
Thanks! My niece wants a crestie in her pumpkin now, so it looks like I'll be doing a few more.

Candy Apple Cockers

Candy Apple Cockers

PerformancePup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationOntario
I want a Cider pumpkin done by Allie.. It's been years since I actually carved a pumpkin though. My mom has a plastic plug in no muss no fuss..Mock up of Rosey, not carved yet[ATTACH=CONFIG]16074[/ATTACH]Dance the Tollerhttp://www.knittingn...nce-preview.jpg

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Your crestie pumpkin turned out awesome!! Have you tried it with a candle inside, at night?

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
You did fantastic!! Great job! Yes, can't wait to see it all lit up with a candle. Give yourself that big pat on the back!

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
[quote name='GrandCynth;786178]Your crestie pumpkin turned out awesome!! Have you tried it with a candle inside' date=' at night?[/QUOTE']Oh my gosh, I went shopping today specifically for a candle or light for the pumpkins and completely forgot!:dizzy: In fact I think I got everything but a candle. :ROFL:

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
:ROFL: I do that ALL the time. LOL

hairlesscrazy

hairlesscrazy

House Broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
You did a wonderful job. I would love to see it all lit up too. ::D: