Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help Missing Crested/Chi mix

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I didn't know where to post this. But this morning at 10 am my crested/chi mix "Firefly" went missing from my back yard. She has a doggie door so when I was in the shower she disappeared. I have searched all day. I have posted flyers on every corner. I went up to the town square where they are having a concert and passed out flyers there too. I am heart broken. She is very small, only 3 lbs. She is so sweet. I posted flyers at the pound, petsmart, gas stations, grocery stores...you name it. I feel helpless.

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
Oh no!!!!!!!! I hope someone spots her soon ::(: I'd take a flyer or call the emergency vets in your area and if needed, monday, call all the vets in the area. If she were injured, someone would take her to the emergency vet, I'm sure.Try to corral as many search party members as you can. I so hope she's found soon. I'm so so sorry!

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh no!! Where are you located, so we can all network, and help you get the word out!!

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Sorry I am so frenzied I forgot to post where I am...Woodstock GA. I called the emergency vet this morning and gave them her info. All the reg vets were closed already. I was walking my other crested Fancy earlier and some woman approached me thinking I had firefly...that was incouraging that people are taking notice of my flyers.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Robin, are you on Face Book by chance? That's an excellent place to get the word out, and post her pics!! That is good news that people in your area seem to have taken notice of your flyers. Stay strong, and don't give up! Keep searching.....keep in contact with all the shelters...but also go in person, just to make sure Firefly isn't there....you can't go on the word of someone you speak to on the phone! And not just shelters close by you, but those in the towns closest to where you are. These little pups can cover a lot of ground, if they are scared, and on the run.She she microchipped?

Deano's Mommy

Deano's Mommy

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes! Go to facebook! OMG, losing Deano is one of my worst nightmares! I hope you find him soon, he is sooooooo cute and I'll bet he's a great pal. My thoughts are with you!!

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thank you all. I will cover more ground tomorrow. I am not on FB. My sister is. I can tell her.

Deano's Mommy

Deano's Mommy

Pup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Thank you all. I will cover more ground tomorrow. I am not on FB. My sister is. I can tell her.

What??? Not on facebook??? Facebook is like Crush but for humans! =)

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
so sorry to hear this, but I too agree that Facebook is the best way to get the word out! Good Luck in finding your pup!

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I just sent my sis the photos. She is posting on FB now.

Kimm

Kimm
Help Missing Crested/Chi mixPraying that you find your little firefly! Hang in there. {{{hugs}}}

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
what is her name, so we can friend her to share the link?

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
Am so sorry, I didn't realize you still had her. Will keep an eye out down here! Glad your neighbors are watching out for her too;) If it makes you feel any better, it's the weekend and someone may be waiting until Monday to try and find her person....Did you post a lost ad on petfinder? Also, Craigslist is a good place to post as well - anything that gets a result on google. First thing I do is run a search for a lost pet, maybe someone is trying to do that? Also, does your AC or Sheriffs Dept keep a log of lost/found pets? Ours does, so 24/7 one can report by phone a sighting, found or lost and connect the callers or info. It's not well known!

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
I'd share on FB too if I knew your sister's name. Any news yet?

crestedcrazy

crestedcrazy

Noidinator Moderator

• Moderators
  • 28,072 posts
  • LocationHere there everywhere
Or can you at least copy and paste in here what your sister wrote with a picture for us to share onto our FB pages? kinda like a poster or flyer that we can pass around virtually with all the info needed that way your sister doesn't have to "friend" a whole bunch of people she may not want?

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Sorry I didn't check my messages til now. Been posting on more websites and twitter. My sister is Suzanne Roper. I Posted on craigslist. I tried Petfinder but they discontinued the classified section for lost pets. I did email all the local rescues also. I posted flyers at every neighborhood entrance and every red light, also at the gas stations and grocery stores. I checked and posted at petsmart, emergency vet and animal control. My husband rode his bike thru the woods looking for her. we have alot of coyotes in our area. I am heart broken, My son is autistic and he loves her. I also went upto the city of woodstock last night, they were having a huge concert, I walked it and passed out flyers and talked to people. I have a feeling someone has her and wants to keep her. But I have given my heart to her. And she broke it when she went missing. I don't know what to do. I am about to go driving around again and scream out her name.

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
FireflyYeah firefly started as my foster. But my old girl Ophelia passed away and firefly fit in like a glove. And now I feel broken without her. I take her everywhere...she isnt a runner. Always stayed with me. It doesnt make sense that she would leave the yard

abigailrabbit

abigailrabbit

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
Help Missing Crested/Chi mixI really hope you find her soon! Sending hugs x

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
There are a ton of suzanne roper's on fb. ugh... Does she live in GA too? Does she go by a middle or maiden name? I think Sheri's idea is a good one... post the flyer on here and we can pass it around to our friends, I have a few in GA so that might help.

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Hey friends.Yeah my sis lives in woodstock ga. She is probably under suzanne chumley roper. When i get back home i will post a copy. Thanks everyone for ur help

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
Ok, I messaged her and said she could just email me the info rather than having to friend me. If she does, I can post here and those on FB will be able to share also.

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
Oh no, this is terrible! I missed you adopting Firefly. She is so adorable. I hope and pray you find her Robin!!!

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Firefly's FlyerHey everyone...sorry for the delay...I was driving the streets looking for my baby. I tried uploading the poster and failed. I did attach the poster info and more photos. Sorry I am a mess. Please let me know if you need something else. I am desperate

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
Ok, I posed the info and pic on FB so anyone who knows me on there, please share it around!! Let's bring Firefly HOME!!

Robinharbro

Robinharbro

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
Thank youThanks so much. I am going door to door today...homes and businesses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users