Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Craving another "potato chip"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Guest_Jolie_*

Guest_Jolie_*
  • Guests
Hi,I haven't been around for 2 or 3 months and I apologize. It was getting harder and harder for me visiting here as it was making me want another baby. I have Buddy and 4 cats (mostly older who sleep alot). I'm torn between whether it would upset Buddy to bring another dog into our household and how easy it would be to walk 2 and take 2 everywhere with me like I do Buddy. I have an opportunity to get his 13 week old niece. As you might remember Buddy is half Chinese Crested and half Pomeranian. He's on the small side 8lbs. His niece is from his brother and a terrier mix that was an accident litter. The vet said she might get around 14 lbs. She is hairless. Buddy has been so easy and a joy. I know I might not be so lucky with another pup with potty training and leash training but thinking she might "follow the leader". I don't have a fence, Bud loves the leash.Would love to hear from others how easy or hard it was to add another.This is Molly, but I'm thinking of renaming her to Bella so she'd have "B" name like Buddy, couldn't think of any others, if you have suggestions let me know..[ATTACH=CONFIG]13222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13221[/ATTACH]

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
What's one more? :;): LOL Sorry, I'm such an enabler. I ask myself the same question when I get more, how will Hairy react? He is sooo bonded to me and me to him, he has my heart for sure and it is easier handling one. Inky was the first and Hairy accepted him right away, same with Peach and Albert. Hairy LOVES to play with Albert! I'm lucky though, I live with my mom and it seems they all really bond to her with the exception of Peach, she is my baby girl. I also have a fenced in yard which makes things a lot easier too. You know your situation best and Buddy best, so whatever you decided will be right. Bella is adorable both the name and the pup! ::D:

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA
aww she is cute. i think dogs enjoy having a buddy. Good luck deciding!

Guest_Jolie_*

Guest_Jolie_*
  • Guests
My friend who babysat him when I went to Mardi Gras said he acts like a cat. :( And Phoebe my youngest cat who is 4 would probably love to not be his favorite playmate any more. He grabs her by the ear and tries to tip her over (she is on the chubby side). I was thinking she would be a nice playmate for him.

Puff_The_Magic

Puff_The_Magic

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
She is SO sweet, how can anyone resist! =D I like Bella as a name, too.

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
I know I'd have more if my husband would. So I'm no help because I'd say yes! Bella is adorable!

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
I say go for it! Armani HATED Mya at first. Then he would only acknowledge her when nobody was looking. They would be playing and if he saw that somebody was looking he would immediatly walk away. After having her for about a month he gave in and would openly play with her. Now they are BEST friends and he is actually more attached to her than she is to him.

GrandCynth

GrandCynth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 28,085 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Oh my goodness, I would not be able to resist her! She's so adorable!! I'm of the same opinion, that Buddy would probably love to have a "buddy," named Bella!! :red_heart:

Martini's Mom

Martini's Mom

Canine Good Citizen

• Members
  • 533 posts
She is soooooo cuuuuuute!:12:

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
She is so cute! I know I could not resist! Buddy will be so happy to have a playmate. ::::GIVE INTO THE POTATO CHIP URGE!!!!!::::: lol

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13228[/ATTACH]Do you know who these kids are? Why, they are My Buddy and Kid Sister! How can Buddy be happy without his kid sister, er, kid niece?

Hairy Junebugs

Hairy Junebugs

Top Dog!

• Members
  • 5,335 posts
Lol...my buddy and kid sister! I used to drive my family nuts with the theme song!Buddy definitely needs a kid niece! :;):

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
now I keep humming the theme song! lol

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo
i was worried about how Lola would react to another dog, but getting Levi was the best thing i did! She loves him to bits and they play and snuggle together. Adding a 3rd was just a asy, Riley fit right in as if he had been here all along!Bella is gorgeous! i wouldn't be able to resist!

morag

morag

The Welsh Wench

• Members
  • 17,217 posts
I'd say go for it! They love company and i don't care what anyone says only a dog can play like a dog, we try but its not the same ::):

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs

Your Furrless Leader

• Administrators
  • 22,836 posts
  • LocationThe epicenter of Crush
I am going to be in the minority here, it seems. Niles was fine being an only dog. He quite enjoyed it, actually. When I got Vegas, he was "ok" with it more or less as long as he got his 'mommy time'. Niles and Vegas will never be buddy buddy with each other, but they do tolerate each other. Its like I have two dogs, but both want mom and not each other, so I spend a lot of my time giving each separate attention. They do not play together, sadly. But each will play with toys so I throw a toy for each and tug with each dog. I found going from one dog to two was a big change. Perhaps it was because Niles and Vegas are on the opposite side of the energy spectrum. Niles is super mellow and Vegas is non stop. I love both my boys and would never change what we have, though. So before getting another dog, give it some thought. I know my situation is in an extreme minority, and yours could be completely different. I just wanted to give a the other side of the coin point of view.

armanicrazi

armanicrazi

Armani and Mya

• Members
  • 5,216 posts
Aw ups that's so sad that they don't play together :(

My Crestie

My Crestie
You know that happened to a friend of mine with two cresties. Her two don't really play and only tolerate eachother. I feel bad for her.

DebbsHereNow

DebbsHereNow

Best In Show

• Members
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationGlen Mills, PA
I can't imagine life for Bonnie and Rocco without each other, they are like 2 peas in a pod. Always laying together, sitting in the front window together and racing out in the yard together. The look that passes between them when something is up! They do not play wrestle together too much, except when Vinny is involved. But they are so much a part of each other's lives. I guess you won't know until you get another one! * Crunch Crunch* potatochip!

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs
I would like to have someone for Vegas to play with as he needs it so badly. He needs dog interaction and play, but its difficult since life gets busy. Niles is the most chilled out laid back watch the world go by dog. He has started to play with stuffies and chew on bones in the last month or so, which surprises me. Vegas is too overbearing for him to play. I think they enjoy each others company, but they just don't play. I'm not saying for you not to get another dog, Jolie, just be aware they they may not be bestest buds. That's ok, though, as long as you can be the bestest bud to both.

l1ltaral1l

l1ltaral1l
  • LocationBethlehem, PA
Excellent way of putting it Ups!

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs

Your Furrless Leader

• Administrators
  • 22,836 posts
Thanks. I just want people to understand that while dogs are 'pack animals' there are some who are fine as spoiled only babies. Some are even better that way. Many people are lucky and they have dogs that are best buds, but there is a chance that bringing in a new pup might not go as perfect as one hopes and you need to be prepared. I love that so many members here have dogs that are BFFs. I'm sure that they don't even think about the fact that some dogs don't play together.The best way I can describe it is its like having the stereotypical little boy and little girl. They both have different play styles, and they usually don't play with each other, they prefer the company of other little boys or little girls. They get along for the most part and like that they have a sibling, but they just don't play together. As long as you can meet the play and interaction needs of both dogs, you are good!

kevlaur

kevlaur
  • LocationNorthern, BC
I have 5 dogs right now and they love each other to bits and at times they annoy each other too, but I can not imagine having only one dog. Also I think when I am working it is good for them to have a buddy to hang with until I get home. I am able to walk all five of my dogs at once and once they figure out the routine and who walks on which side the walk goes smoothly and is quite enjoyable.

ColleenT

ColleenT

Fairy Dogmother

• Members
  • 16,463 posts
  • LocationEastern PA
Ups let me know if you want to Bring Vegas and Niles over and They can play with my guys. ( well Vegas can play- Niles can relax)

Ups N Downs

Ups N Downs

Your Furrless Leader

• Administrators
  • 22,836 posts
Thanks Collen! Lets plan something. This weekend is not good, but we can watch the forecast for other dates. I know Vegas would like to play and Niles would like to sit in Rick's lap, haha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users