Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Acne and blackheads

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

My Crestie

My Crestie

Chanelly's Mom

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

a TOTALLY HL rescue puppy that I am trying to find a home for[/I].

Did I miss a post about the puppy? link? Or info would be great :)

Brucelee

Brucelee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey folks.... we just adopted Bruce Lee (named after the Chinese fighter for his stunning KungFu fighter moves) His skin was clear when we got him at 16 weeks but since being home he has had one bath with an oatmeal baby shampoo and a condition with zymox and he has broken out mostly along his back and a few on his cheek. Today is two weeks we have had Bruce and it's bath time again....skipping the zymox conditioning g rinse to see if that makes a difference. We feed them Pure Balance grain free salmon recipe we tried the raw with my powder puff beagle mix it was a no go....they loved it but it made no skin difference. ...I need a suggestion for a good dry kibble what do you suggest? And a shampoo recommendation I have a shampoo with benzoyl peroxide for Buck my ppbeagle mix....would it be ok for Bruce?

Esylum

Esylum
  • LocationRunning with Scissors

Hey folks.... we just adopted Bruce Lee (named after the Chinese fighter for his stunning KungFu fighter moves) His skin was clear when we got him at 16 weeks but since being home he has had one bath with an oatmeal baby shampoo and a condition with zymox and he has broken out mostly along his back and a few on his cheek. Today is two weeks we have had Bruce and it's bath time again....skipping the zymox conditioning g rinse to see if that makes a difference. We feed them Pure Balance grain free salmon recipe we tried the raw with my powder puff beagle mix it was a no go....they loved it but it made no skin difference. ...I need a suggestion for a good dry kibble what do you suggest? And a shampoo recommendation I have a shampoo with benzoyl peroxide for Buck my ppbeagle mix....would it be ok for Bruce?

I would touch base with who you got Bruce Lee from to see what they were using for his bath time routine... If that isnt possible I wonder if waiting and holding off to see if his food switch has just given him an imbalance... 

sometime salmon is very oily and he might be getting bad skin from that... but its so hard to say... 

I would, if you have to bath him maybe just use some mild hypoallergenic shampoo, something even like a green tea soak might help... He might be too young for his teenage acne phase but you never know. 

Could it be a staph infection? He might need  check up with the vet to be sure, he might be allergic to something in his new environment... although along his back is an area with a very high concentration of glands...

He could be allergic to the oatmeal, I know my Biko broke out when I tried Oatmeal rinse (I was dealing with horrendous food allergies at the time)

Do you have any pictures of the skin issues? 

***just a small kindness can turn a day around***

ddmason

ddmason

Crate Trained

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Esylum had great advice.  It is so hard as all dogs are different, just like people.  I am on my third hairless.  My first hairless had horrible acne, my second had none at all and my third (that came from a hoarder) has extremely sensitive skin and came to me with a staph infection.  Your pup seems a bit young to be going through juvenile acne, but it has been a while for me since I've had a 4-month old.  I prefer a limited ingredient food, venison, as dogs tend to be allergic to fish and even chicken.  I make a brown sugar scrub from my hairless for baths which helps a lot!  Biggest problem with the sugar scrub is keeping everyone from licking it off each other.  LMAO!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users