Welcome to Chinese Crested Crush
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cobby VS deer type crested ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi!Im curious whats the difference between a deer-type and cobby-type crested...i have read about the difference but im really interested in som comparison pictures! ;)And i wonder what cind of type my crested belongs to.Anyone? It would be just great if people could post pictures of their cresteds where it sayd what type they belong to, and maby there is a mixed type..som picts of that would also be awsome!'(sorry for my poor english, im from norway;) 'Thanks!

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
Your cutie in the picture looks like an in-between type, or "just right" LOL, neither deer or cobby. Looks like my Elmo who is right in the middle too as far as body type.

Ariel

Ariel

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
quick reply because im at work, the new standard of breeding isn't "one way or other" really, most reputable breeders (at least in USA) breed to meet right between cobby and deer, maybe a little closer to 'thin' boned, your pup is in the inbetween, not exactly cobby not exactly deer. and it seems that is mostly the breed standard now-a-days, my kara is a in between, Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.us

Heish

Heish
I believe my Sirius Li (avatar) is a deer type.

Kimm

Kimm

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,329 posts
Interesting. I've never heard these terms before but am guessing deer is fine boned and cobby heavier set? Google time.

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
[ QUOTE=Heish;710610]I believe my Sirius Li (avatar) is a deer type.[/QUOTE]picts pleeeease ;) ?

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo
Lola is a deer type, but being a powderpuff you can't really tell because of the fluff lol! I do have a pic of her when she was shaved, but be warned she looks terrible! lol!Posted ImageLevi and Riley are leaning more towards the cobby type, they are really chunky, with broad chests :)Posted Image

1crestie

1crestie

Show Dog

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationSo. California
Kahlua was a cobby style although he was only 9 pounds he was built on the stocky sidePosted Image

Ariel

Ariel

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
I would even say Lola is in a in-between, a deer type is very very fine boned!

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
A deer type is almost square, very fine boned. Usually will weigh less than height, ie 9 lbs at 12 inches. A cobby will usually weight more than height, ie 14 lbs 12 inches and a in-between type will usually weigh the same as height, ie 12 lbs 12 inches. Just a general rule of thumb if you are wondering.

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
i'd say inbetween too as i'd say jack is inbetween (now chubby so doesnt count but when was how he was supposed to be)

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
hlboyz: ok! my crested is 10lbs and 11inches ;)

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
  • Guests
Yep an in-between. Here is a blurry pic of my late crestie who was a deer type (definitely a deer type)Posted Imageand a side view of (A PUDGY - ha, Tina - I get that one!) regular type (who is 1/4 mixed but you get the idea anyway) as he is about like your pup:Posted Image

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oh yeah! thats difinitely a deer! wery fine boned, and what a cutie ;) Thanks lots for the picts

Guest_Kramer_*

Guest_Kramer_*
  • Guests
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9265[/ATTACH]I think that Vixen, HHL is a cob.Kramer, HL would be and inbetween I think.Not the best pic.

Guest_hlboyz_*

Guest_hlboyz_*
I have to say I pupsat a cobby and I would have sworn he was mixed just because it was so new to see such a squatty, but he had a fine pedigree so I know he was purebred. Cute pup but so not like what I was used to.

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
Morgan is deer type... very skinny stick legs:Posted ImageAnd Ace is cobby boy.. muscly cobby:Posted Image

Ace

Ace

• Moderators
  • 27,391 posts
I've noticed that the cobbies are more broad chested than the deers.

tinaborgen

tinaborgen

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
saw this on crestie worldwide on facebook...http://a6.sphotos.ak...162340526_n.jpgis that good representation of cobby vs deer?

Nit Nat Noo

Nit Nat Noo

Best In Show

• Members
  • 2,811 posts
Wow those deer type really are like twiglets! bless em! such cuties :) Lola does have ridiculous thin legs though, much thinner than the boys, but she is taller than them. I was shocked to see Cresties at Crufts, very thin and no muscle....like Riley when I got him :P My boys are like body builders in comparison lol! My Mum thinks I walk them too much lol especially when I bought Levi a new jacket and he burst out of it like the hulk coz his chest is so broad lol!

Stollsilver

Stollsilver

Slave to the Nakeds

• Moderators
  • 18,713 posts
Abby is a cobby girl[ATTACH=CONFIG]9269[/ATTACH]Rudy is an in between, leaning more towards cobby[ATTACH=CONFIG]9270[/ATTACH]Poco is a deer...and a dear :1:[ATTACH=CONFIG]9271[/ATTACH]

Vixen

Vixen

Show Dog

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
I think my three are all inbetweens but are all so very different sized as well. Vernon mostly just looks like a mini standard poodle, not even a toy poodle as he is big boned and muscular, not dainty at all. He has filled out since this photo was taken.Posted ImageWith Vlora its hard to tell. Her back is a tad longer than her legs, but she is only 6months old as well.Posted ImageA recent photo of Vixen.Posted ImageVixen is a bit deerlike perhaps although with a wide chest like her brother. Sorry about the crappy photo.Posted Image

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ace: wow! what fine examples of cobby and deer !

Nordmørsloppa

Nordmørsloppa

Pup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

9270[/ATTACH]Poco is a deer...and a dear :1:[ATTACH=CONFIG]9271[/ATTACH]

great examples all three of them! and what cuties ;)

Betsycc

Betsycc

Best In Show

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
Taber is deer-like.Posted ImageVery thin and tall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users